Post-VC: Official Post-Rock/Post-Metal Discussion

mrewest

This dude and his girlfriend who love Explosions In The Sky came into the pet store I work at, and we got talking about The Wilderness.

I rec'd him "Key" and "From Bone To Satellite" by Tarentel. I'm excited to hear what he thinks.

"Yes I Am" needs to get pressed someday, that album fucking kills. I managed to find a physical copy from this awesome dude on Discogs, and it's amazing. It's in my car rotation right now.

4 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Hey guys, can we make a VC Post-Rock facebook group?  This new site format is absolutely fucking terrible, and I don't want to use this any more, but I love everything I've cultivated here.  Anybody interested?

Yeahhh, pretty sure a lot of guys on here aren't on facebook. I have one, but really hardly ever use it myself.

Grrrr.  Thankfully I found some plugin to change this god-awful color scheme.  The old layout was fine, I don't get why they wanted to fucking re-do all this.  

Anyway...  cranking "Minor Light" by Fourteen Nights At Sea right now.  Getting to know this better.  Unfortunately, I don't think it comes close to Great North or the S/T album.  

BTW, Jakob live...man, what to say? I've never seen anybody play guitar like Jeff...such a unique and weird style!

Ageena, Resolve & Collar at the end of the regular set are mind-blowing!

They were super cool after the show and hang out for chats & signatures...all of them told me that they haven't seen the Diffusion 7" for quite some time when I let them sign it (Thanks, Papa D!)...

I brought up the repress plans of the earlier records via TMS...they didn't really respond but it somehow seemed they're not thinking this will happen soon

• jhulud locked this topic