PO: NOTHING - Guilty of Everything LP

As I usually am, I'm late to the party here, but dammit I'm enjoying the shit out of this album. I just want to space out & take it all in.

Zero percent chance of getting one of those tri-colors at this point, right?

EDIT: "B&E" ...holy shit

ChrissingMeOff just sold a deluxe black/white split in the FS board a few hours ago  :(

I've never seem so many people so pumped about a repress! I guess I am not really into the punk hardcore scene which seems to have like 40 variants per album….

Needless to say I am happy with my deluxe first press and thats all I need! :) 

Going to see them live in Detroit! I saw them open for Weekend so will nice to see them play a full set! Pumped!

i wish their midwest leg of the tour had whirr, but i'm seeing them in chicago with Airiel.

(for those who don't know, Airiel is one of the best shoegaze bands ever.)

A couple of years ago, reading through RIYL (MBV, Slowdive)  I came across Airiel listed and checked their discography out.   I found them very listenable, but also kind of ...forgettable....nothing bad, just no hooks to keep me coming back. Ride's Nowhere is like that, too (and they were 1st generation).

Can you pin down why you think they're one of the best iyo?

They sort of kept the flame going after the 1st gen. was dying out, but I like this newgaze a lot more.  Loud, swirling (distortion) guitars up front with dreamy vocals and barely audible lyrics buried in there.

Nicky is doing a reddit AMA right now for the past 45 minutes or so:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2522yo/im_dominic_palermo_gtrvox_from_the_band_nothing/

This so far is the most ridiculous "question" asked...and wouldn't be surprised if it's from someone 'round here:

"Why did you guys re-release your album in the tri color ltd so soon? Do you think this de-values the OG press? It seemed like a greedy money grab, left a bad taste some fans mouth."

:rolleyes:

Nicky is doing a reddit AMA right now for the past 45 minutes or so:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2522yo/im_dominic_palermo_gtrvox_from_the_band_nothing/

This so far is the most ridiculous "question" asked...and wouldn't be surprised if it's from someone 'round here:

"Why did you guys re-release your album in the tri color ltd so soon? Do you think this de-values the OG press? It seemed like a greedy money grab, left a bad taste some fans mouth."

:rolleyes:

wait, so what was his answer? or was he smart enough not to dignify that shit with a response?

EDIT: Whoops. Followed the link and saw his response. lol

Full string so far:

[–]Rudolfstrander -2 points-1 points0 points

25 minutes ago

Why did you guys re-release your album in the tri color ltd so soon? Do you think this de-values the OG press? It seemed like a greedy money grab, left a bad taste some fans mouth.

[–]sillygangsta 2 points3 points4 points

16 minutes ago

wow rudolfstrander u should get rid of that bad taste in ur mouth by s'in a d.

–]Rudolfstrander 0 points1 point2 points

12 minutes ago

I bought the tri color repress, so I didn't leave a bad taste in my mouth. I did feel bad that the ppl who pre-ordered got kinda shafted though.

[–]bandofnothing[S] 0 points1 point2 points
5 minutes ago

Different record. But thanks. <3

[–]poopfeast 1 point2 points3 points

20 minutes ago

God forbid a band trying to make money press more records for their fans when it's selling really well.

[–]bandofnothing[S] 0 points1 point2 points
9 minutes ago

Well they are crybabies. We ran out of records so we pressed more.