Post Your Record Storage Area

Finally got around to taking a picture. I've enjoyed reading this post. Recently bought this house. My previous house I had a custom storage area I built, but when I moved I had to improvise. My little one took over the "bonus room" with a giant doll house, so I created my own little area where I could keep everything organized. Being a teacher, I need to have everything in a category or alphabetical. Need to add another shelf or two, but this is fine for now. This new house has built in surround sound. My record player is downstairs. It's neat to hear it no matter where you are in the house. The jukebox is in the garage, because it is heavy as hell to bring to the 2nd floor. 

I like crates because I do vinyl nights at a few bars and makes transportation fairly easy. Plus, I'm always taking a Crate into the classroom for the week. The 45 boxes are filled with 60's garage, jukebox fillers, and more recent 7's. 

photo11_zps20ab2357.jpg

photo3_zps9b5958d7.jpg

photo2_zpse4c28f36.jpg

I want to dig through those 60's LPs on the shelf.

Hi. I'm new to the board and have been into vinyl for about 2 years. Buying records sure can be addicting. Duh. I'm digging a lot of classic rock, new wave 80s stuff but also pick up new albums too. Anyways, I thought I'd share a pic of my modest LP collection. Thanks for all of the other pics, they helped me choose my expedition. I love it.

I also have a huge CD shelf. Maybe I'll snap that next.

f79822ba-5eda-430a-a74a-a51cab94b837_zps

• Product Dimensions: 15.8 x 15.8 x 15.8 inches

The reviews seem to check out just fine for record storage

http://www.amazon.com/Foremost-327606-Modular-Storage-System/product-reviews/B000O1FROO/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

I'm running out of space in one of my 2x2 Expedits and the other is currently being used as the TV stand in my living room. I really hope the bedroom I live in next year is big and has even floors; if it does, I'm selling my 2x2s and upgrading to at least a 4x2, possibly a 4x4 if there's enough space for it.

My current set-up arrangement is driving me crazy and there's pretty much nothing I can do about it.

I had one when I just started out, served me well.  I put some brackets on the back so that it'd be more sturdy, but that's just me being extra cautious.

I have 2 of those single ones, and 10 of the double ones and they have been great.  Been using them since around 07/08 and no issues at all through the years, and before I expanded from 6 to 10 I had them PACKED and with equipment on top and no signs of sagging.  I never went more than 3 high, and at 3 it's rock solid.  Actually I think I have some old pics, setup is in shambles right now or else I'd take a new one.

This is 6 of these stacked 3 high:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=foremost+divided+cube&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aforemost+divided+cube

CIMG2865.jpg

I have 2 of those single ones, and 10 of the double ones and they have been great.  Been using them since around 07/08 and no issues at all through the years, and before I expanded from 6 to 10 I had them PACKED and with equipment on top and no signs of sagging.  I never went more than 3 high, and at 3 it's rock solid.  Actually I think I have some old pics, setup is in shambles right now or else I'd take a new one.

This is 6 of these stacked 3 high:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=foremost+divided+cube&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Aforemost+divided+cube

CIMG2865.jpg

That looks great

• jhulud locked this topic