Post Your Record Storage Area

Passionbrand, you may end up with faded book/record spines over time due to the sunlight from the window. Happened to my DVDs.

thanks for the heads up. i was worried about that myself.  might have to face the shelf the other direction.  just thought it looked good as a room divider 

I really hope this article isn't true... But if it is. Time to buy a couple just to be safe!

"Even worse, a Facebook user on the “Rettet das Ikea Expedit Regal” suggested that Kallax has no 5x5 version, which Expedit does offer."

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/ikeas_expedit_line_is_biting_the_dust_and_vinyl_nuts_arent_happy_about_it

I really hope this article isn't true... But if it is. Time to buy a couple just to be safe!

"Even worse, a Facebook user on the “Rettet das Ikea Expedit Regal” suggested that Kallax has no 5x5 version, which Expedit does offer."

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/ikeas_expedit_line_is_biting_the_dust_and_vinyl_nuts_arent_happy_about_it

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/97456-ikeas-expedit-soon-to-be-oop/

I'm going to go buy a 2x2 Expedit on Sunday (my collection isn't huge and I don't expect it to be). Is there anything I need to know before I set it up? Anything I have to reinforce or secure, or can I just start putting records in? I'd prefer if it didn't collapse or tip over after I've got all my sweet vin-yuls in it.

KatKat Records ftw! Also, nice Touche Amore Valentine's edition in the front there.

Thanks! The stack in front there is my recent que from the past few weeks. I have another que too hahah. The packaging on that Touche is top notch though.

KatKat Recs sticker! What'd you get from them?

Hahaha. I actually don't have anything. I got the sticker from a friend and I liked the art on it. It is a label I've been meaning to look into though.

Are those shelves custom or what? I really like them

I'm not sure what their origin is. My one of my friends had it collecting dust in his garage and when his family moved they let me have it (and about 40 really good classic rock records).

Nice setup. That Operation Ivy poster is fantastic.

Thanks! My friend just had it in his closet and gave it to me the other day. And I had a poster frame lying around and it fit perfectly.

This made me realize how awesome all my friends are.

I'm going to go buy a 2x2 Expedit on Sunday (my collection isn't huge and I don't expect it to be). Is there anything I need to know before I set it up? Anything I have to reinforce or secure, or can I just start putting records in? I'd prefer if it didn't collapse or tip over after I've got all my sweet vin-yuls in it.

it will take you, at most, 5 minutes to put together, I don't think it will need to be mounted. I bought a 1x2 yesterday and have it standing up upright and it's not going to tip over anytime soon. I'd imagine it's just the larger ones that really need reinforcement. Good luck keeping that collection small! :P

• jhulud locked this topic