Post Your Record Storage Area

I posted about them a while ago in a thread dedicated to 7" Storage.

If you use 2 boxes, and fold the flaps of one all down inside of itself and tape them up, and then stick that whole cardboard rectangle inside of another box, it reinforces the walls and gives everything less wiggle room. It's a tight fit but it works and feels super sturdy.

I have some other Target shelf, and it's shit. It's starting to sink in the center, so it's about time to pitch it. It's just compressed wood/particle board. I need to make my own I think, since the closest Ikea is 120 miles away.

I have some other Target shelf, and it's shit. It's starting to sink in the center, so it's about time to pitch it. It's just compressed wood/particle board. I need to make my own I think, since the closest Ikea is 120 miles away.

I had the same issue with this unit. I just took a stack of 12" stiffeners from my mail-order purchases and shoved them under the middle. You can push them back far enough that they are not visible from the front. It may take some time, but it will straighten back out. I haven't had an issue since.

That's the same unit I have, and I cut out some wood from an old bookshelf to support the middle. It's still bent though, just not as bad. It's just crap material.

I had the same issue with this unit. I just took a stack of 12" stiffeners from my mail-order purchases and shoved them under the middle. You can push them back far enough that they are not visible from the front. It may take some time, but it will straighten back out. I haven't had an issue since.

Same here. Other than the sinking in the front, I really like the unit.

Those guitars are backwards bro.

Nice setup overall!

Haha it's a curse man, well actually maybe a blessing because it's very possible I'd have quite a few more if I could find them!

You've got me intrigued, where's the diploma from?

Penn State University

Those towers are pretty cool, but only holding 180 cds, I fear I'd have to get two right off the bat, and that just seems like silly money to spend on cd storage to me, haha. I'd like to find the thrift store version of that. I suppose I should have said creative or out of the box ideas, perhaps something I'm just not thinking about or utilizing. Those things where it's like "oh yea, all of my cds could be displayed in that, and it looks awesome" haha.

I've been thinking this for years. Haven't found anything but almost got a custom furniture piece built that would fit records on the bottom and CDs on top. Never went through with it

Finally got around to taking a picture. I've enjoyed reading this post. Recently bought this house. My previous house I had a custom storage area I built, but when I moved I had to improvise. My little one took over the "bonus room" with a giant doll house, so I created my own little area where I could keep everything organized. Being a teacher, I need to have everything in a category or alphabetical. Need to add another shelf or two, but this is fine for now. This new house has built in surround sound. My record player is downstairs. It's neat to hear it no matter where you are in the house. The jukebox is in the garage, because it is heavy as hell to bring to the 2nd floor. 

I like crates because I do vinyl nights at a few bars and makes transportation fairly easy. Plus, I'm always taking a Crate into the classroom for the week. The 45 boxes are filled with 60's garage, jukebox fillers, and more recent 7's. 

photo11_zps20ab2357.jpg

photo3_zps9b5958d7.jpg

photo2_zpse4c28f36.jpg

• jhulud locked this topic