Post Your Record Storage Area

first by format (7"s together, 10"s together, 12"s together, etc)

then alphabetically by artist as labelled on the record (first name, not last) so the Beatles would be B but john lennon would be J, paul mccartney would be P

then chronologically by album release (not pressing release) so even if billy talent II was pressed and obtained before billy talent I, it would still be filed after, because it was their second album.

If i have a box set, I put it at the end of that artists discography.

Just curiosity, do any of you guys separate 7"s into ones that play at 45 rpm and ones that play at 33 1/2 rpm?

I actually plan on doing this after I move. Most of them aren't labeled and if I guess I always get it wrong, which is super annoying when you have to manually adjust speeds on your TT. 

I actually plan on doing this after I move. Most of them aren't labeled and if I guess I always get it wrong, which is super annoying when you have to manually adjust speeds on your TT. 

If you keep your 7" records in poly sleeves, have you considered tagging the sleeves themselves?  I read of someone labeling each record bag with artist, album, year, speed, etc.  I thought it was a cool idea.  You could take the cataloging even further, but something basic would help eliminate the guess work.

Here's mine : 

I take some expedit (5x5 +1x5+1x5), lack, and gladsax from Ikea : 

mLefXn6l.jpg

jvYhGWfl.jpg

XObBdm1l.jpg

Are all the different covers for The Velvet Underground & Nico different records, or do you have the door add-ons with the graphics?  By the way, the set up looks great.  This is something I may try and replicate.  I love the shelf above the turntable to display what record is currently spinning.  Great subtle touch.

If you keep your 7" records in poly sleeves, have you considered tagging the sleeves themselves?  I read of someone labeling each record bag with artist, album, year, speed, etc.  I thought it was a cool idea.  You could take the cataloging even further, but something basic would help eliminate the guess work.

This is much better than separating them.  I've been meaning to label my collection but haven't gotten around to it.  Also helpful for identifying which press or color it is if you have multiple of a release.

This is much better than separating them.  I've been meaning to label my collection but haven't gotten around to it.  Also helpful for identifying which press or color it is if you have multiple of a release.

I did this with my Against Me collection when it got ridiculous variant wise. It has definitely made things easier during the process of selling off my past mistakes :D

Are all the different covers for The Velvet Underground & Nico different records, or do you have the door add-ons with the graphics?  By the way, the set up looks great.  This is something I may try and replicate.  I love the shelf above the turntable to display what record is currently spinning.  Great subtle touch.

I retouched the cover, then print to correct scale with a printer A1 and all cut and put in gladsax frames. 

These frames are fixed, or rather stuck with magnetic strips, so I can remove them easily as maintaining good stability : behind the frames, it's a big mess  :D .

I retouched the cover, then print to correct scale with a printer A1 and all cut and put in gladsax frames. 

These frames are fixed, or rather stuck with magnetic strips, so I can remove them easily as maintaining good stability : behind the frames, it's a big mess  :D .

That's a great way to hide the mess!

I really like the idea.  A nice, custom piece of art to really accentuate your collection.  Kudos!

Can you show a picture of how you fasten them?  I have 2 Gladsax that I filled with old ticket stubs that I've yet to hang on my wall, and I'd love to hide some things in my Expedit.

• jhulud locked this topic