2014 Record Store Day - April 19

gmoney

So... is there anyone or a website that compiles every single fucking release?

You can go here for now:  new-vinyl.blogspot.com  as it will also have releases listed for the UK/EU and releases that will be coming out for RSD but don't get the RSD seal of approval/blessing--even though they'll be in stores.  Stuff that Revelation has for instance has never made it on the list.  So don't look for the Dads Woman EP to be on the official list when it comes out on the 20th.

There's also a topic on this, but it should also be posted in here for those who haven't seen that thread.  Pretty stoked about this even though it may not actually end up on RSD.

http://www.pulse-and-spirit.com/news/the-division-bell-doppel-vinyl/

Rough english translation:

"Very interesting what the gentlemen to tell from the immediate vicinity of the Floyds from and! Of nothing at all had hitherto been known! 20 years The Divsion Bell we will celebrate the end of March. Maybe the double LP will also appear on the Record Store Day, which would be 2014 on 19 April! The two dates would almost coincide!"

Anybody know what happened to the Idle Race - Birthday Party release? It's been pulled off the list at Bull moose...

Go one page back.  Bullmoose had to remove some releases at the request of the label before the official 3/20 announcement.   It is still coming out and will be on the official list on Thursday.

Apparently labels wanting to do run editions under /500 are being turned down in some parts of the world

how do you feel about this ?

Personally, I mean, wax producers can only handle so much work load and of course their business goes to the highest demand which in turn makes the plant more money...

I don't see why Kudos is complaining about something they have zero control over... Are they going to inspire more plants to open up? I mean come on... I could understand the frustration to a certain degree but maybe this'll be a learning curve for them

http://exclaim.ca/News/uk_vinyl_distributor_kudos_blasts_record_store_day_in_open_letter

Apparently labels wanting to do run editions under /500 are being turned down in some parts of the world

Personally, I mean, wax producers can only handle so much work load and of course their business goes to the highest demand which in turn makes the plant more money...

I don't see why Kudos is complaining about something they have zero control over... Are they going to inspire more plants to open up? I mean come on... I could understand the frustration to a certain degree but maybe this'll be a learning curve for themhttp://exclaim.ca/News/uk_vinyl_distributor_kudos_blasts_record_store_day_in_open_letter

On one hand I can see why they are turning away smaller orders that don't make as much profit for the pressing plant. On the other hand why wouldn't they take them? It takes less time to press less than 500 copies than it does a couple of thousand...

I work in a factory, and it's more profitable to run large orders than small orders. It's the difference between saying, "Walk 1 mile in a straight line," versus, "Walk 200ft that way, then rotate and go 50ft that way, then go 150ft that way, then go backwards 430ft..." Some of our machines take a few hours to over a full shift's time to change over. And I imagine vinyl "factories" don't all run 24/7 like we do. 

Granted, I don't know much about the vinyl production industry, so my experiences may be irrelevant.

Maine can be great, especially Portland. But those winters can be looooong.

bingo. summer in maine is my all time favorite, but holy shit its still going to rain and you have to deal with 8 months of beyond brutal cold to get there and back again. 

edit: bullmoose does rule though, i snagged some of my earlier records like saturday night wrist during the summer in maine at a bullmoose!

I don't see why Kudos is complaining about something they have zero control over... Are they going to inspire more plants to open up? I mean come on... I could understand the frustration to a certain degree but maybe this'll be a learning curve for them

http://exclaim.ca/News/uk_vinyl_distributor_kudos_blasts_record_store_day_in_open_letter

Smaller runs of anything (especially printed matter and vinyl) where setup is involved are labor intensive and expensive. What I'd hope is that we get runs greater than 500 out of it. For many of these releases I'm sure there's enough demand for 1000-2000. Why not please listeners with a little more availability?

Why not please listeners with a little more availability?

A million times this. No doubt there's some kind of (however misguided) sense of achievement when getting your hands on a very short run record, but also there's a huge part of me that's irritated with the fact of having to queue, or pre-order, or wait for the pre-order date, or whatever, just to get an album that, ultimately, I just want to own and listen to.

Is that listing a joke?

Whether you want it to take pride of place framed on your wall or you have a record player to give it a proper spin, this is something you definitely want to get your hands on.