I just got one of the best deals of my life.

I really see how people get excited about purchasing a record they love and been dying to get for quite a while, but I have to disagree about spending TWOHUNDRED DOLLARS for an LP being a good deal. It's record craziness and beyond. I am happy for each and everyone of you who payed A LOT of money for records they wanted, but this is not the right thread for this..

I really see how people get excited about purchasing a record they love and been dying to get for quite a while, but I have to disagree about spending TWOHUNDRED DOLLARS for an LP being a good deal. It's record craziness and beyond. I am happy for each and everyone of you who payed A LOT of money for records they wanted, but this is not the right thread for this..

If the record is usually $500+ or similar and someone grabs it for $200......then its a good deal.......and for a thread titled "I Just got one of the best deals of my life" while maybe an exaggeration......it still fits the title subject

Considering The only copies I've seen sold are $350+ and these are my absolutely favorite albums, it's a good day in my eyes. Might not be a $300 LP for $15 but I'm still happy about it. Just want to share..

Hope you didn't take it the wrong way, didn't mean to be offensive to anyone. It's impossible to put a reasonable price tag on something that has huge emotional value to someone. If it was worth it to you, then it was worth it. Enjoy the records, that's what we're all about.

All this shit is relative to the beholder. 

$2,000 for a rare blues 78 would be a considered a great deal in this day and age, especially with many of them exceeding the price as years go by and fewer are harder to find. 

I know what you're trying to say, but re-read that last bit. (I mistype often too, I'm not trying to be a dick this time.)

Nothing too crazy but here are a few scores I'm pleased with...All sealed & ppd:

Alkaline Trio - Maybe I'll Catch Fire, Red & White Swirl /500, 2nd pressing $9.64

Barcelona - Absolutes $39

Clutch - Blast Tyrant $15.99

Miniature Tigers - Tell it to the Volcano $33.75
Sigur Ros - Inni, 3xLP + DVD $23.25

Some UP Records scores. Sort of coincidental that some of my best purchases have been records they released.

- every Duster record for $10 each from UP

- sealed copy of There's Nothing Wrong With Love by Built to Spill for $50

- really good condition copy of Building Nothing Out of Something by Modest Mouse for $40

and another unrelated one, the ORG pressing of Sister by Sonic Youth for $5

Today I found the Portraits of Past record in pretty good condition for $4.99. Idk how valuable this thing is, but I've never seen it at all, and certainly not at this price

I had forgotten about that band. Not crazy expensive, but a fun score for sure! Good job.

Alkaline Trio- From Here To The Infirmary (Clear Green)- $7

Alkaline Trio- Goddamnit Reissue (Marble)- $7

Alkaline Trio- Good Mourning (2LP on green)- $7

Alkaline Trio- HWM Split (pic disc)- $5

Alkaline Trio- S/T (Grey Clear w/ Splatter)- $7

Avenged Sevenfold- Sounding The Seventh Trumpet (2LP Marble/Purple)- $7

Coheed And Cambria- No World For Tomorrow (2 LP Gatefold)-$5

Danzig-Danzig (pic disc)-$5

Alkaline Trio- From Here To The Infirmary (Clear Green)- $7

Alkaline Trio- Goddamnit Reissue (Marble)- $7

Alkaline Trio- Good Mourning (2LP on green)- $7

Alkaline Trio- HWM Split (pic disc)- $5