Secret Santa 2015. Update: Dec 16 .... Please Read.

OK - I need to still figure out my Santa. That will be my next post but I solved my Flickr issue. My Santa scored well yet again this year. I got a sweet Numero Soul Collection and a classic Lee Fields LP - I've been holding off on buying any LF albums hoping my Santa got my letter. The Legos immediately were coopted by my five-year-old who allowed me to put that Lee Fields album on the turntable - I chilled, he built, it was a good hour. 

Love local coffee - thank you. Love the mix. Thank you. I need to find time to build those Star metal pieces but I appreciate the extra effort on the tools. 

Thanks for the early holiday cheer!

23376602935_3982eb8329_h.jpg

S8kRDtCl.jpg

Look what was also wrapped with the records! It's a sweet Honda patch. This thing is so cool. It ups my cool factor by at least 25%. Once I find a cool jacket, this is going straight on it and I'm going to ride a wheelie into the sunset.

evel-knievel-walking-motorcycle-poster.j

61540612.jpg

And that's everything! Thanks so much to my secret Santa. I had my suspicions when I saw the LA Kings card, and they were confirmed with the other clues about Living in California and loving Lucero and Rancid.

Thanks Ian Rees! You're amazing!

But wait! as I was moving the box off my desk, I thought I felt something else in there...

ESn4SJ0l.jpg

What could be under this sheet of cardboard?...

Ql4aE4kl.jpg

HOLY SHIT ITS AN ANIMAL STYLE DOUBLE DOUBLE AND A STRAWBERRY SHAKE FROM IN-N-OUT! This is the best Christmas ever!

(maybe I skipped a couple pictures where I found the In-N-Out giftcard in the envelope and drove over there for lunch, but this seems way more magical!)

Thanks again, Ian!

ha awesome, this was the best part. Glad you enjoyed it all!

I apologize if my ss has been tracking their package to me, if it has arrived already I haven't gotten it yet. I will get it, that's not an issue, but due to unforeseen circumstances I am going to have to wait until someone comes to get the rest of their things and brings me the mail from the PO box to get anything I had shipped there. Sorry.

I apologize if my ss has been tracking their package to me, if it has arrived already I haven't gotten it yet. I will get it, that's not an issue, but due to unforeseen circumstances I am going to have to wait until someone comes to get the rest of their things and brings me the mail from the PO box to get anything I had shipped there. Sorry.

On a related note, if people have their package in hand, i think it would be good to post that it arrived, even if they're waiting to open it later.

ive received two boxes from my SS. one i thought was something i Ordered and I just saw the top of it (looks like a hat), and the other is wrapped in gift wrap, which makes that one easy to wait on.

Im flying to dubai on dec 8 for my birthday/christmas to see my fam so if the other package comes anytime after that ill have to wait until after the new year to open.

Excited to see when the recipient of my SS posts that they got theirs in. I hope more people (including my SS) wait so that its better around christmas to post! I already mailed mine a few weeks ago so they should have (hopefully) gotten theirs by now. Will have to check the tracking later. 

I got mine yesterday and am still reeling from all the stuff... definitely an awesome haul:

A4fo6R3.jpg?1

Awesome Mystery Box from Canada.

ZnOk6bQ.jpg?1

Oddly enough this is now the 2nd copy of that Argyle Park CD that I now own. Such a great piece of Industrial history there. Made by JG Thirwell (yes the same dude who did the Venture Bros soundtrack)

oQVjQOz.jpg?1

Either the most fun night or a very emotional night.. WHO WILL DECIDE! Also I had never heard of this Crainum game, so I'm super stoked to try it.

kwQsAed.jpg?1

Was super stoked to see that Skinny Puppy record. One of my favorite bands ever! Thanks

It was clear my Santa was from Canada, but that's about the only clue I got. I will work on figuring out who you are Santa, I will find you, and I will virtually high five you.

Glad you liked it!!

I got to say I was stoked when I read your write up, we had such similar taste that it was easy putting together your package.  But not so similar that it was tough to find stuff for you.

I actually spent $0 on your box! (other than the shipping and the beer) Everything was from my personal collection, including the Cranium game (I hope it was all together?  I realized after I never checked!).

Argyle Park is rad, eh?  Though I feel the need to clarify that Thirlwell had no involvement beyond the voiceover during the intro.  The actual mastermind behind that project was Klayton (aka Circle of Dust, aka Celldweller, aka a million other monikers).  If you dig Argyle Park make sure to check out AP2, Circle of Dust, Chatterbox, and Celldweller.

What did you think of Calvaiire??  I'm hoping that was the icing on the cake for you, seemed like a perfect fit given your tastes.

If you dug anything in particular let me know, I'm sure I can point you in direction of similar music!

Since a lot of you failed to send on time, I would assume whomever is sending late is sending via priority or 1st class or something. 

here are the people who haven't contacted me with confirmation ( or haven't sent confirmation) or haven't sent at all. 

Family friendly rap goddouble dDaftyler, Smailtronic, A.K. Aych,  youinreverse, Mean 3arlsthejesseb, J.Cantah  - HIT ME UP ASAP REGARDING YOUR PACKAGES. IF i don't hear from you within 5 days, i'll assume you flaked and will go from there. (fi you got ahold of me already, disregard)

​if you are sending late please try to pay for a faster form of shipping so your packages get to their destinations on time.