Nothing - Tired of Tomorrow

Y'all are savages. You're making me so excited for this it's not even funny. I will hold out though, no doubt about it. I know that even if I buy the ACD 12" on RSD I won't listen to it until the album comes in the mail.

I'm dedicated.

Also I really want the deluxe, but... I got the splatter and the /500 blue/white in the mail so I think I'm good.

Come on guys, be patient :P

To each their own, for sure, but my stance on leaks and early material is as follows;

Most of the time I avoid singles. If I'm absolutely curious – like if the band has been inactive for years, and I need to hear their new direction for dropping cash for a pre-order – I'll give 1 single 1 listen and call it a day. Just to make sure the artist in question isn't pulling a M83. But nothing beyond that – few things are worse than having a single feel "worn" in the middle of an album. I love to give first listens my undivided attention, start to finish, and overplaying singles puts my brain on cruise control when it finally does pop up on the album, and in the past it's made for some jerky progression through the album. Seamless is the name of the game for me – I heard Vertigo Flowers for the first time, today, in context of the whole album and it was beautiful.

I don't mess around with web-streams. The quality is usually 96, 128, or 192 kbps at most. I care more about hearing a quality version of the album than I care about hearing it early or before my friends.

If a quality CD rip surfaces a week or less before the vinyl is slated to show up, I typically just wait for the vinyl and go that route. It's definitely fun.

But beyond a week – in this case, a month – I personally have no problem caving on a high quality copy that I can to from start to finish, and fully absorb.

I know other people have different stances, but this is just my preference. I also listen to music at work for about 85% of my shift, so it makes for some great opportunities to really dedicate myself to fresh listens and soak them in.

Am I the only one holding out at this point??  This hype train is hitting light speed.  You're killing me.

Before the leak I wanted to hear what I had sunk a good chunk of change into, but "life" has really gotten distracting the past couple of days and I really don't want to anymore. Gonna hold out, but I don't blame anyone for listening/commenting etc.

Evidently they're doing a "pre-release listen session" at Roadburn Fest (Nothing is not playing at the fest). Don't know if this is odd or not; never been to Roadburn.

Man I dunno I just get this sense of doing the band a disservice by listening to leaks. I can't say I've ever listened to a leak. Again, to each their own but it just feels dirty to me.

EDIT: I'm by no means trying to play "proper cop" or anything. I know we've all paid for copies of this album, it's just a personal feeling of mine.