All-encompassing NINE INCH NAILS Thread: Reissues, New Stuff, Soundtracks, Kitchen Sink

1 hour ago, psus2h said:

I prefer the 2010 reissue with the alternative album art as well, but PHM is by far my least favorite NIN album, so I don't listen to it much. 

It's actually my favorite NIN album! Maybe it's just me being sentimental because it was the first CD I ever bought. 

Looks like the reissues are pushed yet again.

Bull Moose no longer has them up on their site and my preorder links back to their homepage.

I called them and was told that they have no projected date as of now...not that I would hold my breath if there were.

Not surprising but still a bummer

So close...

Edited by Smellman

2 hours ago, Derek™ said:

What if this was all a massive ruse just to get reactions, and Trent refunds everyone with zero intentions to actually repress anything?

giphy.gif

That'd be amusing, but I'm hoping the delay is because he is being so maticulous with the test pressings to make sure they're brilliant. 

7 minutes ago, psus2h said:

That'd be amusing, but I'm hoping the delay is because he is being so maticulous with the test pressings to make sure they're brilliant. 

Far more shitty than amusing, for sure.  But I'm also very much okay with delays so long as they're for the sake of optimizing quality.  I just wish the bumped dates and updates were a little more transparent – ninja'ing the release dates and having the product pages disappear from

some sites is a little more concerning that it should probably be.

1 hour ago, psus2h said:

If they are still in test press stages these aren't coming out anytime soon.

I would hope when people post preorders it is nearing manufacturing stages.

11 hours ago, vinyl addict said:

My signed BTF is scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday. Slowest delivery ever. 

That's wild. I got mine a day after it dispatched.  Luckily it showed up in really nice condition. It would have been a good idea for them to pop it into a poly sleeve, but it made it safely. 

14 minutes ago, Skacel said:

I wonder if the best time to update the web store is when you have a shit load of outstanding POs in the system... 

The production it taking longer than they'd like and they dont want to take on more till they can fulfill the thousands of orders that have been placed.  Given that I was given the same copy and paste non-answer to where my records at that someone post they got like 2 months ago. This to me is the only "Problem that needs fixing" as far as I can tell. This is my guess anyway. 

Also I wonder if the Prick album was part of this push, given the way it dropped out of nowhere. If it was that's a good sign assuming that one had a much smaller run than the NIN represses.  

1 minute ago, Adam10647 said:

Also I wonder if the Prick album was part of this push, given the way it dropped out of nowhere. If it was that's a good sign assuming that one had a much smaller run than the NIN represses.  

To that point, I wonder if the recent Lost Highway press directly from Interscope is somehow related and I wonder if that might give hope for some 90's Manson represses.

13 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

To that point, I wonder if the recent Lost Highway press directly from Interscope is somehow related and I wonder if that might give hope for some 90's Manson represses.

13 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

Under the NIN Discography page when you click on Prick and the Quake ST it says "WE’RE WORKING ON GETTING THIS AVAILABLE AGAIN!". Unfortunately there's no such notes under the Manson releases, I would bet Manson has control over his albums getting repressed. 

9 minutes ago, Adam10647 said:

Under the NIN Discography page when you click on Prick and the Quake ST it says "WE’RE WORKING ON GETTING THIS AVAILABLE AGAIN!". Unfortunately there's no such notes under the Manson releases, I would bet Manson has control over his albums getting repressed. 

I don't think it has anything to do with Reznor specifically or what he lists on nin.com. I guess I just have a feeling that since these NIN albums are in the works and the Lost Highway soundtrack was re-released by the original parent label and Nothing imprint, that maybe the people at Interscope are doing the work for all the releases from this "scene" for lack of a better word. I imagine Interscope still owns the Manson albums and the rights to the Lost Highway soundtrack.

Also that Prick - S/T album has been on soundstagedirect.com for at least a few weeks now. It says it ships in about 2-4 days. So maybe that got pressed already and the note that they are "trying" to make it available again is old.

18 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I don't think it has anything to do with Reznor specifically or what he lists on nin.com. I guess I just have a feeling that since these NIN albums are in the works and the Lost Highway soundtrack was re-released by the original parent label and Nothing imprint, that maybe the people at Interscope are doing the work for all the releases from this "scene" for lack of a better word. I imagine Interscope still owns the Manson albums and the rights to the Lost Highway soundtrack.

Also that Prick - S/T album has been on soundstagedirect.com for at least a few weeks now. It says it ships in about 2-4 days. So maybe that got pressed already and the note that they are "trying" to make it available again is old.

Yeah you're probably right who know how this stuff works, but it's more than likely someone at the label saying hey we can make some cash here since vinyl the only thing that sells these days. The message on the Prick record is out of date the album came out last Friday, I have it. I'm just hoping that's a sign that the NIN albums are on the way sooner than later. 

I'm willing to bet that the Prick album had a relatively small quantity and thereby was easier to get out of the plant if it was being submitted for manufacture anywhere near the time that these NIN LP's were. Since I'm assuming they'll be doing upwards of 5000 of each of the NIN LP's, its going to take them a lot longer to finish just the first run. I can see them anticipating a huge demand now that they've been announced and I'm just guessing but I'm fairly sure the preorders alone have been in the thousands for each title on the nin.com store.