Sorority Noise - You're Not As ______ As You Think

36 minutes ago, Kyle_ftl said:

Downside to ordering from your phone:  the scroll option bar doesn't really show you what you're ordering.  Had I known I had to buy a huge bundle to purchase the lathe, I would have jumped on one of the bundles.  I just thought the lathe was already gone because fans are insane and there was only 100 pressed.  Now, looking at it from a computer, I could have easily purchased the lathe.  Oh well.

Sorority Noise is so much more enjoyable than almost all of their contemporaries.  I'm excited for this, and I hope I end up enjoying it more than Joy, Departed, but even if I don't, it'll still be awesome.

If you rotate your phone, you can see the options in the drop down menu better. 

51 minutes ago, marc32137 said:

If you rotate your phone, you can see the options in the drop down menu better. 

I tried that, I swear!  It's a thing that I've noticed on every purchase I make with those types of drop down menus.  It only helps so much.  I appreciate it, haha.

7 hours ago, Kyle_ftl said:

I tried that, I swear!  It's a thing that I've noticed on every purchase I make with those types of drop down menus.  It only helps so much.  I appreciate it, haha.

always feel like I'm blind buying on RFC if I use my phone. It tells me the variant but usually can't see the number because the "color/color with splatter" takes up my whole screen haha. 

On 1/20/2017 at 5:23 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

always feel like I'm blind buying on RFC if I use my phone. It tells me the variant but usually can't see the number because the "color/color with splatter" takes up my whole screen haha. 

Not singling you out specifically, but I kind of enjoy releases that aren't explicitly numbered up front.  (I'm anal-retentive enough that I like as much pressing info as possible – but I'm okay if it's posted at a later time.)  I feel like it prevents a lot of scrambling for the "rarest" variant that's /100 or /300.  I can't speak for all releases, but looking at sale history at Discogs, I often see the more attractive or "better matching" variant sell for significantly more than its rarer (vanilla) counterpart.  There are exceptions to this, of course, but I see a lot of labels dedicate the "rarest" variant to black 180 gram, or white, or clear... and even though they may be /100, over time that /500 starburst or /800 color-in-color ends up fetching double the amount.  Seems to happen quite a bit.

Obviously this shouldn't really matter if you're looking to keep the record for yourself instead of flipping it, and I completely understand wanting to own the rarest variant of a release that you're stoked on... but I guarantee you that there are many people out there who decide on their variants based solely off of rarity, and it just seems like a bad way to go about it.  For those of us who care about rarity, I think it's kind of fun to order what appeals most to you – or guess, if you're indifferent – and then huddle around an official posting of "the numbers" a month down the road, to see what you ended up grabbing compared to your peers.  Maybe that's just me.

Anyways.

As someone who's pretty lukewarm, at best, to this particular niche of the emo scene – and who gets little to nothing out of Joyce Manor, The Hotelier, Modern Baseball, You Blew It!, etc. – I did not have much of any hope in checking out No Halo.  But I will be the first to admit that I walked away from it completely surprised.  I echo the sentiments who feel the Deja vibes; particularly in those backing vocals.  If it's an accurate depiction of the songwriting for the entire record, I'd gladly check out the full length.

27 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Not singling you out specifically, but I kind of enjoy releases that aren't explicitly numbered up front.  (I'm anal-retentive enough that I like as much pressing info as possible – but I'm okay if it's posted at a later time.)  I feel like it prevents a lot of scrambling for the "rarest" variant that's /100 or /300.  I can't speak for all releases, but looking at sale history at Discogs, I often see the more attractive or "better matching" variant sell for significantly more than its rarer (vanilla) counterpart.  There are exceptions to this, of course, but I see a lot of labels dedicate the "rarest" variant to black 180 gram, or white, or clear... and even though they may be /100, over time that /500 starburst or /800 color-in-color ends up fetching double the amount.  Seems to happen quite a bit.

Obviously this shouldn't really matter if you're looking to keep the record for yourself instead of flipping it, and I completely understand wanting to own the rarest variant of a release that you're stoked on... but I guarantee you that there are many people out there who decide on their variants based solely off of rarity, and it just seems like a bad way to go about it.  For those of us who care about rarity, I think it's kind of fun to order what appeals most to you – or guess, if you're indifferent – and then huddle around an official posting of "the numbers" a month down the road, to see what you ended up grabbing compared to your peers.  Maybe that's just me.

Anyways.

As someone who's pretty lukewarm, at best, to this particular niche of the emo scene – and who gets little to nothing out of Joyce Manor, The Hotelier, Modern Baseball, You Blew It!, etc. – I did not have much of any hope in checking out No Halo.  But I will be the first to admit that I walked away from it completely surprised.  I echo the sentiments who feel the Deja vibes; particularly in those backing vocals.  If it's an accurate depiction of the songwriting for the entire record, I'd gladly check out the full length.

You say everything I think. Just better. <3

11 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Anyways.

Agreed, I go with the most appealing color. Seems like a lot of labels make white the most limited, and I fuckin' hate white records. No Sleep started doing that a lot towards the end (I know their still active in a certain capacity, but barely). I am a sucker for 180g black even though the weight doesn't mean much, I just think it may store better and longer than a flimsier record. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think the Deja vibe is definetely there, because of Mike Sapone, and as a whole sorority noise, he might have put them on another level too, that's difference between a good producer and Will Yip...

(I also feel nothing for joyce and MB, i think they are probably the most overrated bands in the scene right know)

Edited by xfactor675

On 1/19/2017 at 3:00 PM, marc32137 said:

Lathe bundles sold out.

Just found out about this today so I'm super late, but luckily bsm still has the /200 in stock. Sucks I missed the lathe, though.

On 1/20/2017 at 9:50 AM, Bladewillisisdead said:

I thought their first LP was ok, still haven't listed to Joy Departed, but grabbed the tricolor immediately after listening to No Halo because god damn.

I didn't like joy departed too much honestly, but I adored their first release. The new song is fire and has me pumped for this album.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

I was plannimg on getting the tour variant, but since mobo cancelled the tour, I think Im gonna go ahead and order this, BSM always has quality pressings.

10 minutes ago, Skacel said:

anyone having trouble hitting "add to cart" on the bsm site? cant do it for any of the variants

18 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

should probably make a new thread but cam just posted on instagram represses of Forgettable and Old Gray's An Autobiography are going up at flower girl records tomorrow at 2pm (!)

Or bump the existing threads for those albums. If we had a new thread every time an album got repressed this place would be an even bigger dumpster fire than it already is!

25 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Or bump the existing threads for those albums. If we had a new thread every time an album got repressed this place would be an even bigger dumpster fire than it already is!

I was already in this thread and Im lazy, but yeah I'm part of the problem lol