ethanpricington

Record Store Day 2017

733 posts in this topic

24 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

About 4 or 5 things on that reddit list I wouldn't mind picking up. Nothing I'm looking to get crazy over though...Seems like most of what I'd want would get a full release too.

What makes you think certain records will get a full release?

Posted (edited)

29 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

What makes you think certain records will get a full release?

Mostly past experience/the labels they're being released on. I could see that Czarface getting a wider release, and Coheed. I mean there's no guarantee... but doesn't seem unreasonable. Sure the may not end up being the OMG super limited ultra-splatter colored vinyls but I don't really care about that shit at this point.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

4 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Mostly past experience/the labels they're being released on. I could see that Czarface getting a wider release, and Coheed. I mean there's no guarantee... but doesn't seem unreasonable. Sure the may not end up being the OMG super limited ultra-splatter colored vinyl but I don't really care about that shit at this point.

Interesting. But yeah I don't care about much care for the limited variants anymore either. I used to really take that shit into consideration, now I'm cool with the Amazon preorder on a lot of albums. Some records I care stronger about than others - yeah, I might want to have a certain variant. 

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, Stress On The Sky said:

For what its worth the username of the person who shared that list on reddit is the same as the username of the individual who leaked it here last year so make of that what you will when assessing its legitimacy. As others have correctly pointed out there will be things not listed here that make it to the final list.

I'm still out and I couldn't be happier about it as I've been cutting down this year.

It's not the same username ;-)

And yes, that list is for a EU store.

His prices are about 20% to 30% above the US pricing. 

Edited by redroom

Hmm. Unfortunately a couple of things piqued my interest, but they're nothing I would go stand in light and fight people for.

Czarface – First Weapon Drawn (A Narrated Adventure) [LP]

Marcy Playground – Marcy Playground [LP+7”]

2 minutes ago, jeromium said:

Hmm. Unfortunately a couple of things piqued my interest, but they're nothing I would go stand in light and fight people for.

Czarface – First Weapon Drawn (A Narrated Adventure) [LP]

Marcy Playground – Marcy Playground [LP+7”]

HANGIN' ROUND, DOWNTOWN BY MYSELF

On 3/6/2017 at 5:32 PM, NapalmBrain said:

Got to see a partial list today so we could start our ordering, can't comment on specifics (don't bother PMing me) but plenty of worthless 7", 10", picture discs and a few really cool OOP/first vinyl releases. I think most people will find something they want though, some rumors mentioned in this thread I can confirm seeing, fans of one band in particular will be excited to see one of their most popular albums finally come to vinyl, I think it will be the title everyone scrambles for this year

If this comment holds any truth, then the list you're all looking at is far from complete.

As always the expensive UK reissue (The Sundays this year) are the only ones I actually care about but they'll likely not arrive in a store near me up here in Toronto and if they do, they'll show up about 3-5 weeks later and whoever is lucky to be in the shop that random day later nabs it.

Owning Tones of Town on yellow vinyl would be nice too but I'm guessing once again that it's a UK import. Sigh...

P.S. Wasn't there a Durutti Column LP repress of a lost album called Songs for Pauline? What about the 2LP 14 Iced Bears reissues? 

21 minutes ago, armadillo01 said:

As always the expensive UK reissue (The Sundays this year) are the only ones I actually care about but they'll likely not arrive in a store near me up here in Toronto and if they do, they'll show up about 3-5 weeks later and whoever is lucky to be in the shop that random day later nabs it.

Owning Tones of Town on yellow vinyl would be nice too but I'm guessing once again that it's a UK import. Sigh...

P.S. Wasn't there a Durutti Column LP repress of a lost album called Songs for Pauline? What about the 2LP 14 Iced Bears reissues? 

The Sundays - Blind and Field Music - Tones of Town are both on the US list. 

Two Bowie releases from Hoffman forum: 

David Bowie: Cracked Actor (Live Los Angeles, '74)(3LP)(Record Store Day Exclusive)
A previously unreleased live recording from Los Angeles on 5th September, 1974, this was a pivotal gig in the transition between the Diamond Dogs tour and the Philly Dogs tour. Produced by David Bowie and mixed by Tony Visconti at Human Studios, NYC in October/November 2016, 3LP with 6th etching on the 6th side.

David Bowie: BOWPROMO (GEM Promo LP)(1LP Vinyl Box)(Record Store Day Exclusive)
In August 1971, David Bowie's manager Tony Defries had 500 promo LPs pressed to secure him and other Mainman artist Dana Gillespie a record deal. This promo album, featuring seven songs by David on side A and five by Dana Gillespie on the flip, is often being referred to as the BOWPROMO white-label album. The LP came in generic white outer and inner sleeves and had no printed labels, so its matrix number (BOWPROMO 1A-1/1B-1) is the only way to safely identify it. This Record Store Day release faithfully replicates the original promo, with Bowie's seven tracks on one side, plus five exclusive Bowie prints.

bungie likes this

40 minutes ago, tug said:

those of my closet friends on this forum

Are these the people who were giving you shit for the photos you were posting of your empty closet?  Or are you using "closet" in a less literal sense?  (Perhaps individuals who consider you as a friend... but only in secret, as to avoid public humiliation on the boards.)

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, jeromium said:

That song got old quick, but the rest of the album is really good. When I first started ripping CDs to MP3 I removed that song from the album. 

I played that song two weeks ago and was wondering what their other songs sound like. Gonna check it out later 

I'm only interested in Big L,  Mark Mulcahy, and UGK. Will go because bullmoose gives out lots of goodies for free. 

Edited by pizza face

3 hours ago, tug said:

this is a good read http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue38/lp_sleaves.htm    those of my closet friends on this forum know i found outter sleeves but still am looking for inner sleeves.

I can't believe no one from the secret inner sleeve chat has caved and told you where to get the ones you're looking for. Great will power!