Jump to content
jhulud

PO soon? : Taylor Swift - Reputation (out on 11/10)

Recommended Posts

It's like she saw Katy Perry jump the shark off a cliff and was like "oh yeah bitch? I can do it better!" Chopped off her hair, dressed up in white and black highlights, and wrote a song for left shark and fucking backpack kid to grind to.

 

Holy trash. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woke up to go pee and decided to check it out. Damn. It's not good. I don't like it. At all. 

 

All I keep thinking is she took some leftover Panic! At The Disco throwaway track & hooked up with Pharrell's errand boy during Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" to come up with this hot mess. It's like she purposely tried to make a terrible attempt. 

 

I'd like to think that maybe one a few more listens I'll find some redeeming qualities to it, but on just the first impression, it's looking & sounding grim.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Woke up to go pee and decided to check it out. Damn. It's not good. I don't like it. At all. 

 

All I keep thinking is she took some leftover Panic! At The Disco throwaway track & hooked up with Pharrell's errand boy during Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" to come up with this hot mess. It's like she purposely tried to make a terrible attempt. 

 

I'd like to think that maybe one a few more listens I'll find some redeeming qualities to it, but on just the first impression, it's looking & sounding grim.  

You don't know how glad I am to read you say this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Woke up to go pee and decided to check it out. Damn. It's not good. I don't like it. At all. 

 

All I keep thinking is she took some leftover Panic! At The Disco throwaway track & hooked up with Pharrell's errand boy during Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" to come up with this hot mess. It's like she purposely tried to make a terrible attempt. 

 

I'd like to think that maybe one a few more listens I'll find some redeeming qualities to it, but on just the first impression, it's looking & sounding grim.  

Hopefully it's a single to shake the masses and get people talking, and isn't indicative of the entire record.  My heart goes out to anyone who'd sit through 40-60 minutes of that.  But like Rooks said... the amount of Likes that video has already accumulated on Youtube is truly puzzling, but it's refreshing to see [arguably] the biggest Swift fan on VC acknowledge that it's trash.  I would've sincerely questioned what kind of blinders you had on if you praised it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Hopefully it's a single to shake the masses and get people talking, and isn't indicative of the entire record.

1

She claims the old Taylor Swift is dead in the song so I don't think so. The whole thing reeks of Kanye West ego. I'm thinking the whole album is gonna be a grade school diss track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh boy I don't even know what to say here. Juan's take is basically spot on, however I'd throw in a Peaches b-side to the mix. sounds like just a hodgepodge of different shit. I even get weird beastie boys "brass monkey" vibes. 

 

the "she's dead" thing really ruined it. the pre-chorus and chorus is super rad though. her singles are never indicative of the final product so I have plenty of confidence. gimme that LP preorder ASAP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rooks said:

It's like she saw Katy Perry jump the shark off a cliff and was like "oh yeah bitch? I can do it better!" Chopped off her hair, dressed up in white and black highlights, and wrote a song for left shark and fucking backpack kid to grind to.

 

Holy trash. 

My thoughts as well! And i'm ashamed to even think of KP while listening to T Swift... Verse has some decent qualities , but damn that chorus is just so weak/immature sounding. She's a better songwriter than that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, jhulud said:

Woke up to go pee and decided to check it out. Damn. It's not good. I don't like it. At all. 

 

All I keep thinking is she took some leftover Panic! At The Disco throwaway track & hooked up with Pharrell's errand boy during Gwen Stefani's "Hollaback Girl" to come up with this hot mess. It's like she purposely tried to make a terrible attempt. 

 

I'd like to think that maybe one a few more listens I'll find some redeeming qualities to it, but on just the first impression, it's looking & sounding grim.  

She wrote it with Jack Antonoff of fun./Bleachers. He also wrote Lorde's "Green Light."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel odd making a comment about the song, I feel even more odd I opened Spotify to listen to the song. With that said, this song blows. I really liked Red a lot and that's about the extent of my TS fandom but this is boring. Would've been much better if she just got on the mic cleared her throat and told Katy Perry to eat a steaming bowl of dicks with a mic drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, andysrobbins said:

oh boy I don't even know what to say here. Juan's take is basically spot on, however I'd throw in a Peaches b-side to the mix. sounds like just a hodgepodge of different shit. I even get weird beastie boys "brass monkey" vibes. 

 

the "she's dead" thing really ruined it. the pre-chorus and chorus is super rad though. her singles are never indicative of the final product so I have plenty of confidence. gimme that LP preorder ASAP

The chorus is the Crux of the problem. That look what you made me do shit is so off putting. It's like salt n Pepa or some Betty boop type "sexy baby talk" shit. It's so awkward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, scottheisel said:

She wrote it with Jack Antonoff of fun./Bleachers. He also wrote Lorde's "Green Light."

 

Is that supposed to give it more legitimacy then? I know they have worked together before, but this single is lackluster and formulaic at best. I was hoping for another earworm memorable lead-off like when "Shake It Off" came out. But this is not doing it at all. That's just my opinion. What the fuck do I really know?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Skacel said:

I actually quite like it. It'll be a nightclub dance floor filler.

Unless the nightclub is hosting your local highschool's Sadie Hawkins dance, you might want to find some new clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in the minority... I like it a lot. I love the contrast from light-whimsicalness to the staggered chorus beat. It's different, and each of Taylor's last few albums have had a super simple/repetitive chorus on a few songs (Shake It Off, Welcome to New York, Out of the Woods, I Knew You Were Trouble, WANGBT).

 

She's not going to put out a dud of an album... she's not dumb, and neither is Jack (presuming he did a lot of work on it). She just wanted to make a statement with this song, knowing it'd cause a heck of a stir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jhulud said:

 

Is that supposed to give it more legitimacy then? I know they have worked together before, but this single is lackluster and formulaic at best. I was hoping for another earworm memorable lead-off like when "Shake It Off" came out. But this is not doing it at all. That's just my opinion. What the fuck do I really know?

 

 

 

I was just letting you know where the song came from, is all. Enjoy or don't enjoy at your discretion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for Vinyl Collective. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×