what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

Wow. What was it?

This.

http://www.discogs.com/Lab-4-Alien-EP/release/168988

I saw them in about 99, and they became my favourite techno act. I could find all their releases with enough patience, but this eluded me. This was a time when ebay and online shops existed, but weren't used as much as now by a massive degree. At least once a month I trawled as many shops in London as I could trying to track it down. About 2 years I looked, and then someone I know auctioned his copy off. I can't explain why I couldn't find one and there are loads now, obviously many more people online to sell. But there you go.

I'm really hoping to find a copy for under $50 one of these days (or a repress).

I'm feeling ya. I was trying to get a good deal for over two years, and the prices kept increasing to around 100$. I said I'll never pay that money for one record and I still stand by it, but then this sealed clear copy from my home country with no shipping costs for 70$ suddenly seemed like the best deal I'll likely ever get on this. 70$ For one record is too much money in my book, but I was tired of waiting.

I'm not one to spend too much on records since they are already to much in Canada anyway.

But top 3 would be; (Canadian pricing)

Brand new - devil and god (purple) -90$

Farcry 4 OST - 70$

Daft Punk - alive box set - 120$

I should mention my girlfriend bought me the original Deja entendu, I can only guess what ridiculous money she spent.

I'll bite...

Underoath - "Define The Great Line" for $130. Surprisingly a few of my other "rarities" ("With Roots Above..." & "Constellations" for example) I got cheaper than what they usually go for. I kick myself, for getting into the hobby "late", constantly though.

I'll bite...

Underoath - "Define The Great Line" for $130. Surprisingly a few of my other "rarities" ("With Roots Above..." & "Constellations" for example) I got cheaper than what they usually go for. I kick myself, for getting into the hobby "late", constantly though.

I'll never understand the hype on define the great line. This is where underoath fell off to me. It has a few good tracks but overall it is just a typical hardcore album. Tocs and tcot are so much more original and incredible.

Not trying to knock your taste or anything, for retail I'd prob pick it up. But it's just the album where I started to fade away from them.

$70 for neko case "blacklisted", Canadian shipping is expensive so I made it an even $100 and got "furnace room lullaby" too, both sealed

If you're ever thinking about offloading Furnace Room Lullaby, let me know! One of the few things I'm missing from her. (Have a RSD Fox Confessor for tradesies too.)

I'll never understand the hype on define the great line. This is where underoath fell off to me. It has a few good tracks but overall it is just a typical hardcore album. Tocs and tcot are so much more original and incredible.

Not trying to knock your taste or anything, for retail I'd prob pick it up. But it's just the album where I started to fade away from them.

Really? One of the best selling hardcore/metalcore records ever. TOCS is great, not too big of a fan when Dallas was with them though. LITSOS is probably my favorite record of theirs and Disambiguation was okay, just wasn't the same when Aaron left.

And no harm, no foul!

Really? One of the best selling hardcore/metalcore records ever. TOCS is great, not too big of a fan when Dallas was with them though. LITSOS is probably my favorite record of theirs and Disambiguation was okay, just wasn't the same when Aaron left.

And no harm, no foul!

Yeah I mean people def love that album. I think both it and tocs went gold. I guess for me tocs was just this super heavy album with these awesome pop hooks. It was just a sound that I've hardly heard replicated. I can for see people not being into anything before that album.

I guess after that though the sound was just too 'hardcore'. I mean the music is still solid, just the style didn't don't for me.

But I did see these guys twice back in 04/05 and they were awesome.

If you're ever thinking about offloading Furnace Room Lullaby, let me know! One of the few things I'm missing from her. (Have a RSD Fox Confessor for tradesies too.)

probably one I won't unload, I've got that rsd one in addition to the lance rock pressing. I'm just missing the 7" splits. Good luck on your hunt

probably one I won't unload, I've got that rsd one in addition to the lance rock pressing. I'm just missing the 7" splits. Good luck on your hunt

Thanks! So far I've managed to grab Blacklisted (yellow), RSD Fox Confessor, 1st press Fox confessor, Middle Cyclone 1st press, and I've held off on the newest because I heard the pressing is pretty awful. Still wishing I'd had a little extra cash to grab one of the red Furnace Room Lullaby back when I got my Blacklisted. They had them at the show I was at :/

Thanks! So far I've managed to grab Blacklisted (yellow), RSD Fox Confessor, 1st press Fox confessor, Middle Cyclone 1st press, and I've held off on the newest because I heard the pressing is pretty awful. Still wishing I'd had a little extra cash to grab one of the red Furnace Room Lullaby back when I got my Blacklisted. They had them at the show I was at :/

nice I don't have any of the lance rock colored pressings. New album is a great package but my 2nd platter is slightly warped. I'd still recommend it