what's the most you've ever spent on a record?

Guest vinyldoa

$100 for Effloresce by Oceansize is my new top....

Really wish this record was pressed more than once. It's so astonishing. I don't understand why labels do such limited runs of albums like this. Its been out of print for over a decade now.

Last I heard, the label has no plans for a repress either. Bummer.

This thread just reminds me of all the times I passed on a record only for it to quickly skyrocket in price. I remember seeing "Demon Days" at my local shop for $15.99 and thinking it was cool that a new album was out on vinyl but I didn't buy it because I already spent that much on a CD copy and I was 12 years old. Also remember seeing "Exmilitary" up for sale but not wanting to pay $20 plus shipping for it. Womp womp.

Even at the height of my record collecting mania I couldn't bring myself to pay $50 for one album, and now that I've become a bit disillusioned by the record game I can't even imagine spending that much on something as silly as a slab of wax. I did pay $40 for a signed copy of Andrew W.K.'s "I Get Wet" before the repress, and I can't find the receipt for it but the +HIRS+ "Madonna" 3" cost me upwards of $30 for about 90 seconds of music. 

Wow, some of those purchases are high dollar.

I've spent $100 a couple times

Marilyn Manson - Portrait of an American Family (original)

- Antichrist Superstar (original)

Spent $75 on

Mad Season - Above (original)

NIN - With Teeth (original)

NIN - The Fragile (original)

Paid $160 for my copy of The Fragile. Also, the most I've spent.

I think the most I have spent was $70 and I have spent that or around that on a number of things. Here's some of my most valuable pieces even though I got some major deals on some I am mentioning them because I would have paid market value on them

Chon - Grow (swirl) $60

Neurosis box set $275

Periphery - S/T (blue) $60

Ryan Adams - III/IV (deluxe red/blue) $65

Alkaline Trio - Crimson OP $30

Alkaline Trio - Good Mourning (clear green OP) $20

Some hella hookups on Appleseed Cast. I own everything of theirs minus the 90s 7' and paid less than $40 a piece

Brand New - Deja Entendu (RSD 2015) $55

I got the Cake box new for $145

Brand New - Deja Entendu (RSD 2015)

Fall of Troy, The - Doppelganger (half oxblold/clear black splatter) $30

Fall of Troy, The - S/T (beer with red smoke) $30

Green Day - American Idiot (red/black swirl) $20

Metallica - Kill Em All (45RPM) $12

Metallica - Master of Puppets (Elektra) $20

Offspring, The - Conspiracy of One $20

Protest the Hero - Kezia (180G black OP) $18

R.E.M. - Out of Time $17

Radiohead - O.K. Computer (UK 97 press) $8

Ryan Adams - Love is Hell (3LP MoFi) $50

Whiskeytown - Pneumona (clear) $60

Death - Scream Bloody Gore (original UK) $65

Death - Human (original pressing) $65
Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals $100
Mars Volta, The - Bedlam in Goliath, The (half red/black) $37

•  

I bought these in a lot with some others for $30PPD and sold the doubles so I basically got these free

Against Me! - Acoustic EP (first press)
Against Me! - Cavalier Eternal (clear blue first press)
Against Me! - Disco Before the Breakdown, The (white first press)
Against Me! - High Pressure Low (hot pink first press)
Against Me! - Sink, Florida, Sink (grey first press)sAgainst Me! - Thrash Unreal (first press)

Against Me! - True Trans

My favorite piece of my collection.

Against Me! - White People for Peace (white, signed by all four members, Tom Gabel signature not LJG) $14

When I was variant chasing The Fall Of Troy I bought the 1st press of Doppelganger for like $100, now people are sending me messages offering upwards of $300 for it, which makes like zero sense to me because it has two represses. Maybe because the represses are through Enjoy the Ride ¯\_()_/¯ 

When I was variant chasing The Fall Of Troy I bought the 1st press of Doppelganger for like $100, now people are sending me messages offering upwards of $300 for it, which makes like zero sense to me because it has two represses. Maybe because the represses are through Enjoy the Ride ¯\_()_/¯ 

Not only that but the OG presses have different artwork and were much more limited. 

:mellow: 

Upwards of $200+ is probably the most I've ever spent on a single record. I buy a lot of collections and last year was the biggest I've ever bought. It was 4,000 albums and they were 60's through 80's soul, funk, r and b, and rap. 95% of the collection was like new, in shrink. I paid $4,000 for that collection.