PO: THE MARS VOLTA - AMPUTECHTURE -RED/GOLD VINYL EDITION- by Music On Vinyl

I just had a talk with my local record store guy. He told me MOV has now deleted all mars volta titles. NO more being sent out. 

Had the same info in an email from one of my local stores...

"We have just been informed that ALL OF THE MARS VOLTA VINYL TITLES ARE NOW DELETED!! So you'd better not delay if you are still thinking about picking up one of the last remaining copies of 'Amputechture' or 'De-Loused'! "

Seriously, SRC needs to let people know what's going on with their blue variant.  They haven't said anything about.  If it isn't going to happen, I'd like to get my refund so I can pick up a copy from somewhere else before the prices skyrocket on it.

They have...multiple times. They are just waiting for fedex to deliver it to their warehouse. Apparently it is just delayed on Fedex's end. Apparently they are supposed to be shipping to us either today or Monday.

They have...multiple times. They are just waiting for fedex to deliver it to their warehouse. Apparently it is just delayed on Fedex's end. Apparently they are supposed to be shipping to us either today or Monday.

Ok, where are you seeing this?  If you're talking about the emails, I get all of those.  Don't know where you're seeing stuff about a Fedex delay.

Twitter, i messaged them about it yesterday and thats what they told me. They even said at the beginning regarding the whole TMV thing that they are 100% still receiving them.

Ok, well I don't use Twitter so I didn't know that.  I'm glad it's still on, this has been an ordeal.

Ok, well I don't use Twitter so I didn't know that. I'm glad it's still on, this has been an ordeal.

Yea, they can't assume that all of their customers follow them on twitter, Facebook and tumblr. They can assume all of them have emails since they are required to place an order.

Yea, they can't assume that all of their customers follow them on twitter, Facebook and tumblr. They can assume all of them have emails since they are required to place an order.

Exactly!  All I want is to be updated, I don't mind further delays, just want to know what's going on.  I get a little pissy when I've already paid someone money for something and feel like I'm continuously being left in the dark about the status.  It's an investment that I'm looking out for.

Shop Radio Cast

11:04 AM
clear.gif
To: Benjamin Carter

Show this message...

From: Shop Radio Cast ([email protected]) This sender is in your safe list. Sent: Fri 6/27/14 11:04 AM To: Benjamin Carter

Just arrived we will begin shipping today

Jenna

Shop Radio Cast

11:04 AM
clear.gif
To: Benjamin Carter

Show this message...

From: Shop Radio Cast ([email protected]) This sender is in your safe list. Sent: Fri 6/27/14 11:04 AM To: Benjamin Carter

Just arrived we will begin shipping today

Jenna

good look.

hahaha i can't wait for the details of this whole fiasco with mov and tmv to come out.... some people on the deloused thread will be eating crow.... and it appears for once the crazy ranting lunatic (cedric) was actually telling the truth the whole time... 

I don't see how it was ever a fiasco. I doubt MOV did anything underhanded, they were simply caught between two feuding parties. More than likely, Universal screwed over TMV by selling the vinyl rights to MOV at the last possible minute, right when they were about to revert back to Cedric & Omar. And of course, Cedric flies off the handle in a completely irrational way... Then, behind the scenes, cooler heads hash out the details... Letting MOV sell through their pressing and recoup their investment, then getting the rights back to TMV so they can release THEIR vinyl versions without competition.

In the interim, the customers get Deloused for a fair price than the previous $200+ market value... AND better sound quality than the original. If there's any "fiasco" in this, it's that MOV wasn't able to push out Frances before the lawyers came calling. A reissued Frances probably *will* sound great, but I don't see it for sale before 2015... And I wouldn't be surprised if Cedric charges you upwards of $50 for his "officially sanctioned" version.