Music ratings are stupid.

Anyone else think that people who review music and give it some weird numerical rating like 2.75 stars out of 5 is ridiculous? I understand people have their opinions, but it's like this weird internet phenomenon where people get some little power trip off judging people's work from a keyboard. Like I find no need for people to tell me if they think an album is bad, or something. People put out reviews bashing music, and I just don't see the point in it. People are going to make judgements off of their own personal view, and anyone who listens to Pitchfork reviews and writes off/writes on bands is giant niglet. I haven't slept yet and I'm still kind of drunk and I'll probably think what I'm ranting about is stupid when I wake up, but whatever. Sure, I love reviews of a bands sound, influences, live shows, whatever, but when people start like putting shit out there that makes no sense like this review of Cupid Deluxe "Not the best of the recent spate of dreamy synth fueled r&b but it's got some nice rap sections and the rest of the album is if nothing else at least pretty and interesting in a vaguely sleazy sort of way." 

I haven't slept yet and I'm still kind of drunk and I'll probably think what I'm ranting about is stupid when I wake up, but whatever. 

Anyone else think that people who review music and give it some weird numerical rating like 2.75 stars out of 5 is ridiculous? I understand people have their opinions, but it's like this weird internet phenomenon where people get some little power trip off judging people's work from a keyboard. Like I find no need for people to tell me if they think an album is bad, or something. People put out reviews bashing music, and I just don't see the point in it. People are going to make judgements off of their own personal view, and anyone who listens to Pitchfork reviews and writes off/writes on bands is giant niglet. I haven't slept yet and I'm still kind of drunk and I'll probably think what I'm ranting about is stupid when I wake up, but whatever. Sure, I love reviews of a bands sound, influences, live shows, whatever, but when people start like putting shit out there that makes no sense like this review of Cupid Deluxe "Not the best of the recent spate of dreamy synth fueled r&b but it's got some nice rap sections and the rest of the album is if nothing else at least pretty and interesting in a vaguely sleazy sort of way." 

I haven't slept yet and I'm still kind of drunk and I'll probably think what I'm ranting about is stupid when I wake up, but whatever. 

oh, okay.

well gee we all know that being drunk is an immediate it out for anything silly right? I cheated on you...but I was drunk. I made a stupid post...but I was drunk. I threw a bunch of kittens in a pillowcase and threw them off a bridge so I could film it on my new hd camera and see if the sports setting is really as good as they say...but I was drunk.

But yeah music reviews piss me off. Especially pitchfork, I hate that site. If it sounds like Fleet Foxes they like it, otherwise they find it to be shit. Solid algorithm