United Nations (2014) (New LP on Temporary Residence LTD)

Probably my biggest incentive and reasoning behind picking this up.  Boo and hiss all you want, but that's the collector in me – I'm in the crowd who don't own a cassette player in 2014, and will probably never blast that tape.  I doubt it'll sound as crisp as the [potential 12"] vinyl or the 320-MP3s I'm currently working with, and quite frankly I'm more interested in the cease-and-desist letter that it's wrapped in.  But the entire quality of this thing looks ace, and I have absolutely no issue supporting TRL with my money.  If they release a 12" down the line, I'd definitely pick that up and retire the boxset... but I can't see myself selling it or giving it away.  Easily one of the most unique releases I['ll] own, for better or worse.

totally worth it.  and even with the 12", you won't get the different endings of Music For Changing Parties, or the speed differences in Revolutions at Varying Speeds.

Probably my biggest incentive and reasoning behind picking this up.  Boo and hiss all you want, but that's the collector in me – I'm in the crowd who don't own a cassette player in 2014, and will probably never blast that tape.  I doubt it'll sound as crisp as the [potential 12"] vinyl or the 320-MP3s I'm currently working with, and quite frankly I'm more interested in the cease-and-desist letter that it's wrapped in.  But the entire quality of this thing looks ace, and I have absolutely no issue supporting TRL with my money.  If they release a 12" down the line, I'd definitely pick that up and retire the boxset... but I can't see myself selling it or giving it away.  Easily one of the most unique releases I['ll] own, for better or worse.

Just so we're clear I own the box set. I think it's amazing. 

Also cassette players are available on the cheap. It's not like it's a fucking Edison cylinder.

I don't think anyone was arguing the cost of a cassette player in 2014.  For me, it's the space it'll waste after I play the cassette once or twice and realize that I'd prefer to hear a cleaner version that doesn't require rewinding, and then proceed to stick it at the bottom of a drawer somewhere.  I know some people are more into the recent resurgence of cassette tapes; between shell "variants" and newer albums being pressed on them... but to be completely honest with myself, I just wouldn't get any use out of it, outside of a few UN plays.  And as such, the time / energy / money required to obtain one just isn't worth it to me.

I don't think anyone was arguing the cost of a cassette player in 2014.  For me, it's the space it'll waste after I play the cassette once or twice and realize that I'd prefer to hear a cleaner version that doesn't require rewinding, and then proceed to stick it at the bottom of a drawer somewhere.  I know some people are more into the recent resurgence of cassette tapes; between shell "variants" and newer albums being pressed on them... but to be completely honest with myself, I just wouldn't get any use out of it, outside of a few UN plays.  And as such, the time / energy / money required to obtain one just isn't worth it to me.

True. I'll probably pick one up at Goodwill or something eventually. Also I totally forgot about having to rewind shit. 

It is the same song on both sides of the cassette so you won't have to rewind it.

totally worth it.  and even with the 12", you won't get the different endings of Music For Changing Parties, or the speed differences in Revolutions at Varying Speeds.

This is my reason for ordering it as well as it being a cool, unique release. I too collect records to listen to but also as a collector's item. So, who cares....someone will find something to complain about for damn near every release. Too many variants, no variants, too expensive, blah blah blah

Got a response back from Anna, and they're still going at assembling the box sets. She said all order will go out with the mispress and either the manufacturer or they will send out the fixed 7" once it's pressed correctly. The mispress should be a fun project to make a new jacket, collaged, xeroxed, and foldover style.

Got a response back from Anna, and they're still going at assembling the box sets. She said all order will go out with the mispress and either the manufacturer or they will send out the fixed 7" once it's pressed correctly. The mispress should be a fun project to make a new jacket, collaged, xeroxed, and foldover style.

Thanks for this.  I ordered a day or two after people started getting theirs and was wondering if mine got held back due to the mispress.  Don't mind waiting at all, although it's nice to know why.

ya, i heard back from anna last night basically saying the same thing.  they're swamped with putting everything together and packaging it up, they even have the band helping.  she also mentioned the issue with the mispress.  i told her no hurry, i just wanted to make sure everything was ok with my order.  then just half an hour ago, i got notice that my order shipped, so i'm excited.