United Nations (2014) (New LP on Temporary Residence LTD)

Their hard drive crashed with all the songs on it.

When they had the time they were going to record them again. This never happened.

Bummer. You'd think they would have a backup somewhere

My copy of their S/T came fine...it was from some webstore forever ago, I don't have a clue where I got it from

Serious Business is one of my favorite songs all year. The "I never knew that growing up and becoming a man meant growing up, and becoming WHITE MANN!!!!" part is so awesome. I think that's what he says?

Very close.  It's "WHITE ANNNDDD", with the next word being "privileged".  I only know this because I read the lyrics on my first listen of the record, and also because I obviously have no clue what I'm talking about, but that part hit me right in the gut, too.  Still does, actually.  The shift in drums and those shrill bursts of tremolo guitar are so good.  I also agree that it's in my top 10 tracks of the year.

Very close.  It's "WHITE ANNNDDD", with the next word being "privileged".  I only know this because I read the lyrics on my first listen of the record, and also because that part hit me right in the gut, too.  Still does, actually.  The shift in drums and those shrill bursts of tremolo guitar are so good.  I also agree that it's in my top 10 tracks of the year.

:)

Very close.  It's "WHITE ANNNDDD", with the next word being "privileged".  I only know this because I read the lyrics on my first listen of the record, and also because that part hit me right in the gut, too.  Still does, actually.  The shift in drums and those shrill bursts of tremolo guitar are so good.  I also agree that it's in my top 10 tracks of the year.

lol actually it's "white man of privilege and taste"

I don’t suppose anyone here would be willing to sell me the box set at a reasonable price, especially now that so many are getting replacements?  If not at cost, then maybe a max of $20 USD above, shipped?  I've been ridiculously busy for most of the summer and had no access to the internet or a phone for 6 days at the worst time so sadly missed the boat completely on this and since finding out about the box set have been putting out alerts everywhere, most infuriatingly missing this at-cost Buy-It-Now version on eBay by about 0.2 milliseconds a few days ago: http://www.ebay.com/itm/United-Nations-The-Next-Four-years-vinyl-boxset-thursday-glassjaw-thrice-/111421776982?ssPageName=ADME%3AB%3ASS%3AUS%3A1123&ViewItem=&item=111421776982&nma=true&si=LpTdmCRCTE9qo4bNNbNQ%252BT3fXrc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

(When I got the alert I immediately clicked through to the page and it was still available, clicked Buy It Now and it had JUST sold)

I know this is my first post, but PM me and I can provide plenty of proof across multiple sites that I’m legitimate as both a buyer and seller if that’s a concern.  Would *seriously* appreciate it!

had no access to the internet or a phone for 6 days at the worst time

I know I'll probably sound callous, but this thing didn't sell out in 6 weeks.  Sorry you missed it.  Quite a few were pressed, though, and I imagine you'll be able to find quite a few in the $40 range on eBay and Discogs before the price gets too crazy.

(The one that's available on Discogs for $183 is pretty hilarious, though.)

Anyway, best of luck finding one at a reasonable fee.  Watching eBay like a hawk and signing up for notifications is a huge step in the right direction.  I'd subscribe to e-mail Wantlist notifications on Discogs, too, if you haven't.  And with all that being said, welcome to VC.

I don’t suppose anyone here would be willing to sell me the box set at a reasonable price, especially now that so many are getting replacements?

If you are implying that I now have two sets since I got a replacement, then sure I'll sell you my original box. It's only bent in half and includes cracked records. PM me an offer ;)

The replacement that everyone is getting is just a repressed 7" due to a pressing error on the original. They aren't just shipping out extra box sets all willy nilly.

I know I'll probably sound callous, but this thing didn't sell out in 6 weeks.  Sorry you missed it.  Quite a few were pressed, though, and I imagine you'll be able to find quite a few in the $40 range on eBay and Discogs before the price gets too crazy.

(The one that's available on Discogs for $183 is pretty hilarious, though.)

Anyway, best of luck finding one at a reasonable fee.  Watching eBay like a hawk and signing up for notifications is a huge step in the right direction.  I'd subscribe to e-mail Wantlist notifications on Discogs, too, if you haven't.  And with all that being said, welcome to VC.

Thanks; yeah, I've already signed up for eBay alerts and Discogs notifications but aside from the one eBay at-cost listing I missed the prices I've seen so far have all been $100+ shipped, though granted that's only out of 4 and thankfully they aren't selling.  I wasn't aware so many box sets had been pressed and that they were available for so long though, so that should mean that finding one at a reasonable price shouldn't be too hard, one would hope!

The replacement that everyone is getting is just a repressed 7" due to a pressing error on the original. They aren't just shipping out extra box sets all willy nilly.

Ah, my bad, I must have misread the replacement deal.

Side note: anyone here go to their show in NY last night?  Were they selling the box set there (or for that matter, any other cool/notable merch)?  I can't make it to their show in Allston, MA this Tuesday because I have to work but I've got a friend who might be going so if they're selling it at the merch tables on this tour I could give her the money and have her pick it up for me.  Wish I could go so badly regardless though, the one video I've found from their set last night is only 15 seconds and still almost has me convinced I should just quit and go to the show instead.

Side note: anyone here go to their show in NY last night?  Were they selling the box set there (or for that matter, any other cool/notable merch)?  I can't make it to their show in Allston, MA this Tuesday because I have to work but I've got a friend who might be going so if they're selling it at the merch tables on this tour I could give her the money and have her pick it up for me.  Wish I could go so badly regardless though, the one video I've found from their set last night is only 15 seconds and still almost has me convinced I should just quit and go to the show instead.

They had the boxes in Philly for 45 a piece. Also you should quit and go, it was fucking awesome.

Did they seem to have a good amount of them? I might be seeing them at the Asbury Park date, but they'll probably be gone by then.

I didn't see how many they had, I just walked by the table and saw a note next to them that said something to the effect of: "these are the last boxes that will ever be made."

Also they were so good I'm probably gonna go see them again at Asbury Lanes. Especially because that venue is one of my favorites.

Couldn't go to the Allston show tonight and kicking myself for it and unfortunately my friend didn't make it either so I couldn't have her pick up the box set for me :(

If anyone's going to one or more of the upcoming dates and they have any box sets left, would you mind picking me up a copy?  Will paypal you the $45 in advance ($46.65, actually, so you don't lose the $1.65 to PP fees) to cover the cost of the box set; super risky on my part, I know, but willing to take the plunge since everything I know of VC seems to be a legit community and the posters ITT seem very unlikely to take the money and run.  Then I can make another payment for whatever the shipping ends up being ($5 - $10?).  PM me if you'd be willing!  Only thing I'd ask is you refund the money I send if it turns out the box sets are sold out at the show and you can't get a copy, but I kinda figured that'd go without saying.

Oh and if you get a chance to talk to Geoff, tell him the kid with the skycamefalling shirt that talked to him at like 11 Thursday shows over the past decade (always made a point of wearing that same shirt to every Thursday show) says he deeply regrets not being able to make it to the Allston show but will definitely catch up with him next time he's in New England!   ;)