Brand New - Deja Entendu

So basically, me circa page ~31 of the other thread

Basically, yeah. You made it further than I did. It has nothing to do with elitism or seniority, but I think it has to do with VC "old timers" having seen (and having had made) these jokes in several threads over the years. By all means; new members shouldn't be robbed of the "golden opportunity" to make classic Brand New puns or troll with pressing info. But you said it best in the last thread – too many people are so determined to make this fabled repress a part of VC History, and the threads end up riddled with desperation as a result. Just my 2¢.

I wanted to ask three pages ago if anyone has ordered from CD universe before, but the one person who did was completely skimmed over with the afforementioned noise.

I did giggle at the "I didn't even see an option for an SRC blue"

If a dozen individuals could all get on the same page with a mystery variant - instead of trying to one-up the last person with even more ridiculous trolling - I think we could have a really good joke on our hands. I would have even been willing to Photoshop some dropdown variants, an e-mail receipt, and all that jazz. Could've really pulled off a believable prank and stirred the hornet's nest that is the Deja Tumblr enthusiasts. But alas... some things are not meant to be.

I'm positive I've ordered from CD Universe before. It was some years ago but they did a great job with shipping, packaging, etc.

Honestly, I'm just really happy knowing I have this record pre-ordered and eventually it will be in my hands.  It is somewhat relieving to know I don't have to stand outside a record store for hours just to get a copy.  With that being said, I probably will still do that, and I honestly have no idea why I want to so badly, but at least if I miss out I won't be quite as bummed, and hopefully I will come away with some other awesome goodies.

Finally will have all the LP's!  That makes me happy.  I kinda wish they did a YFW style remaster/deluxe type thing where there's tons of bonus stuff included.  I hope there's a Brand New b-sides/rare type of release at some point.

Anyone else order from CD Universe? I just put mine in and hopefully it shows up and isn't fucked up too bad.

I did, yeah. $27 PPD is about as far as I'm willing to go for a double LP of nostalgia. It's also nice to not be charged until May – plenty of time to cancel if I feel any buyer's remorse. Amazon and Bullmoose should be viable options as well, eventually.

Honestly, I'm just really happy knowing I have this record pre-ordered and eventually it will be in my hands. It is somewhat relieving to know I don't have to stand outside a record store for hours just to get a copy. With that being said, I probably will still do that, and I honestly have no idea why I want to so badly, but at least if I miss out I won't be quite as bummed, and hopefully I will come away with some other awesome goodies.

Finally will have all the LP's! That makes me happy. I kinda wish they did a YFW style remaster/deluxe type thing where there's tons of bonus stuff included. I hope there's a Brand New b-sides/rare type of release at some point.

...I sometimes wonder "What will happen to the things I've pre-ordered if I die before they ship?"

I've never ordered vinyl from CD Universe but they've been around a long time and I used to order CD's from them years ago. I put an order in because a) it's the cheapest right now B) you can cancel with no hassle and c) they don't charge until they ship. So if something better (Amazon maybe) comes up then I'll cancel from CD Universe.