Golden Girls GIFs

I think they might be lame because of the following:

- encourages variant collectors (who, if you ask me, suck because they're denying other people a copy)

- destroys the exciting feeling of finally finding a copy of a record you've always wanted for a decent price

- suddenly a record you were stoked on owning because it was limited to 300 is now limited to 3000

- feels very much like a "damn, these idiots will buy anything on any colour vinyl" cash cow vibe

- ultimately seems more about money than love

maybe i'm old and jaded, but it feels like it's making the joy of actually looking for, finding, purchasing that record you really want totally pointless because everything is being repressed endlessly forever... :mellow:  <_<  :ph34r:

shitstorm incoming in 3...2...1

So wait... you DON'T support variant collectors because it keeps someone else from getting a copy but DO support limiting a pressing to 300 instead of a larger pressing allowing more people a copy?

suddenly a record you were stoked on owning because it was limited to 300 is now limited to 3000

Why should this matter at all?

At the moment nearly all new albums are getting pressed onto vinyl because people are buying them and the demand is there. Once the demand stops then so does many bands pressing their stuff. 

If the hot topic represses is causing kids and young ones to fall in love with the format then I'm all for it.

- encourages variant collectors (who, if you ask me, suck because they're denying other people a copy)

- suddenly a record you were stoked on owning because it was limited to 300 is now limited to 3000

Two points do no compute. Plus, the second one on its own is tear-your-hair-out maddening. Just idiotic. Buy record to hear music.

So many dumb points in that post.

If you want a limited record, keep looking for that original press...And let everyone else who couldn't find one for a decent price get a new press. Everyone's happy. 

Plus more copied existing does drive the price down of the OG press, so if you really want it, more chances for you!