OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

I know. I meant from the VIP holders perspective.

As in. "We went in at 6pm, Lined up inside, got pics taken w/ the band, afterwards we were able to hit the merch table and get the precious IKSSE:3 vinylz and then waited for the gold VIP to get in for the pre-show performance."

Like that.

At my date (Oakland), they let the Platinum's in at about 5:30. We picked up our Platinum laminate, lanyard, ticket and Demos cassette all at will call. They had a Neverender:IKSSE:3 banner in the same area as the merch table, and let us know to line up, and that we could take a picture with the band, shake hands and talk for a cool minute, and only get one thing signed. Since we were right by the merch table, they let some of us go to it if we needed to buy something before we took the picture. I was the first one to go up and grab an LP to get signed. I got back in line, took a picture, got it signed, talked with the band, and then they let us into the main floor, and after started letting all of the Gold holders in.

Also, if you wanna see the banner that they leave up for everyone to take a picture in front of during the show, here's my picture with them http://instagram.com/p/sth8QFLAv1/

At my date (Oakland), they let the Platinum's in at about 5:30. We picked up our Platinum laminate, lanyard, ticket and Demos cassette all at will call. They had a Neverender:IKSSE:3 banner in the same area as the merch table, and let us know to line up, and that we could take a picture with the band, shake hands and talk for a cool minute, and only get one thing signed. Since we were right by the merch table, they let some of us go to it if we needed to buy something before we took the picture. I was the first one to go up and grab an LP to get signed. I got back in line, took a picture, got it signed, talked with the band, and then they let us into the main floor, and after started letting all of the Gold holders in.

Also, if you wanna see the banner that they leave up for everyone to take a picture in front of during the show, here's my picture with them http://instagram.com/p/sth8QFLAv1/

Claudio looks like he's in full rock star mode there. Totally opposite from when I met him last year. He and Chondra did a small show/meet & greet to make up for their cancelled CincyComiCon appearance and he was so quiet and shy. I didn't ask for a photo, but he was super nice and signed my IRO-Bot 7" and Brian Ewing Coheed poster.

Oh yeah, the show was incredible. Absolutely phenomenal. I've seen the band a handful of times in my day, but they're bringing just as much (if not more) energy than ever, and everyone sounds on point. The lighting was also top-notch, and hearing IKS start to finish was the best kind of nostalgia, too. Anyone who hasn't caught them on this tour is in for a huge treat.

Do they play anything besides IKS? If there is an encore with newer music by them, I'm bouncing.

It looks like the encore is:

Neverender

Goodnight, Fair Lady

The Lying Lies And Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court

Ten Speed (Of God's Blood & Burial)

Welcome Home

The first night the started the encore with an acoustic version of Atlas, Claudio's newest song about his son, and they also played Number City with the horn section of Thank You Scientist, but they only played those two the first night so far.

Neverender

Goodnight, Fair Lady

Welcome Home

The first night the started the encore with an acoustic version of Atlas, Claudio's newest song about his son, and they also played Number City with the horn section of Thank You Scientist, but they only played those two the first night so far.

They played Number City with Thank You Scientist in Oakland, too. Bummed that he didn't do Atlas, though.

Damn. Now I really wish they had posters. Don't really want a signed record or cassette.

Also, I'm going with my boyfriend and I assumed we'd take a picture together with them, but it sounds like it's 1 person per photo.

Unrelated, but I feel like (most) Coheed fans are the absolute worst. Even when I was all about the band in high-school, I didn't take it to the obsessive level that the majority of the crowd took it. Waiting in line was pretty grueling; I got to listen to a group of nerds attempt to 1-up each other on the Amory Wars plot line, and also some pretentious fans insist Claudio is an idiot for using a screwdriver on his guitar in later recordings. ("It's such a nice guitar, and I'm just like... 'What are you DOING man?!' Like if you're going to do that, you don't even deserve to have it.") And of course there was bragging of band signatures, owning original copies of older albums – the usual stuff. Far be it from me to rain on anyone's parade or interfere with their enjoyment of the show, but I couldn't believe how many obnoxious neck-beards populate their fan base these days.

I will say that I quite enjoyed hearing one guy say "Tch, whatever. I'll just get one on eBay for cheap, son!" – in response to the tour press selling out a dozen spots before him in line.

I think it really comes down to the personality. I know that may make me sound snobby as hell, but it's just how I feel. I've chatted with complete strangers at shows (or in line at shows) who are huge fans of the band but also super chill and enjoyable to converse with. It's the ones who borderline hyperventilate while flexing their fandom that I can't stomach. They come in all walks - young, old, gents, ladies, etc. But I feel like I ran into more at that Coheed show than my collective concert experiences of the last 10 years.

This is some of the truest shit I’ve read. Coheed fans are a mixed bunch. The thing that gets me is the guys and gals who feel the need to one-up everyone, no matter what.  I've been to a lot of shows, and met some great people, some of my best friends actually, but there are still parts of the fandom and areas of the internet I avoid because of those people.  I try to stay neutral as best I can with some, but i've had to step in and put people in their place for shaming newer fans, or acting super elitist against others as well. It all comes down to personality, just like you said. Some of my best friendships were forged on internet message boards, and waiting in line at Coheed shows.

Damn. Now I really wish they had posters. Don't really want a signed record or cassette.

Also, I'm going with my boyfriend and I assumed we'd take a picture together with them, but it sounds like it's 1 person per photo.

I think you'll be fine. They were letting couples take their photos together with the band, and in some cases even let them take a picture alone with them on top of that if they really wanted to.

Neverender

Goodnight, Fair Lady

Welcome Home

For Ten Speed and Welcome home I will gladly stay for the encore.  ^_^

That sounds awesome, Number City was one of the best tracks from Afterman.

I think you'll be fine. They were letting couples take their photos together with the band, and in some cases even let them take a picture alone with them on top of that if they really wanted to.

Awesome!

i hated Number City

Looking forward to Lying Lies & Ten Speed though.