OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Yeah, the peach looks good with the inner art, but I think the grey will work better with the cover art.

I was really hoping for a dark blue or something, but I'm not gonna complain. Just happy to be getting a copy of this album.

Yeah.I'd like to see the peach in person, but I've got a grey coming my way too, so we'll wee which looks best up close if I manage to snag a peach Wednesday.

This hurts my heart

image-1.jpg

Why? They already did enough damage to the records by pressing it on a shitty opaque mixed vinyl. I doubt a crosley will do that much more damage.

Seriously though.... A general thought... (Not directed at anyone in particular so don't lose it over this)

You guys can't act surprised that most of this nostalgia-scene-limited-colored-deluxe-vinyl releases are targeted to people with crosleys.

If you're buying splatter, haze, and peach marbled records primarily for the superior audio quality you're most likely gravely mistaken.

You probably also believe that all 180 gram vinyl is audiophile quality too.

Anyone else who kept their order from Amazon.ca get the email that it's not available yet? Today was supposed to be the .ca release date.

i missed the initial one on amazon.ca and ordered it when it reared its ugly head for the second time. I didn't get an email. what was the cost of the first order? mine was $34.99CAD

So if you buy it to flip you are bad

if you buy it to listen to (on a crosley) you are bad

if you buy it to frame you are bad

if you buy it and you don't own a record player you are bad

Man this really limits who they can sell it to.  May make some kind of pop survey the merch guy can use for each customer to make sure only the "Right People" get them.

Man this really limits who they can sell it to.  May make some kind of pop survey the merch guy can use for each customer to make sure only the "Right People" get them.

After I go to the Hammerstein show, I am going to play my peach on my 10 year old Crosley all-in-one, slap it in a $15 frame from Michaels, then sell it on eBay for $234. But that's just me.

Man this really limits who they can sell it to. May make some kind of pop survey the merch guy can use for each customer to make sure only the "Right People" get them.

No one said they shouldn't sell to them? Also, all the things you listed ARE bad except maybe the second one. I think, play it on whatever you want, I just don't want a secondhand Crosley played record. Lol.

Man this really limits who they can sell it to. May make some kind of pop survey the merch guy can use for each customer to make sure only the "Right People" get them.

I think I'm mainly upset at the fact that people still use crosley therefor ruining a record but they own it so it shouldn't matter. It's their property. Nothing wrong with buying it just to have for being a general fan of C&C also. The only thing that really gets me is the people making a profit from a bands merchandise that a REAL fan would actually cherish, but now days people are ruthless and would do anything for money.

Nailed what? It's a fucking record. You're making it sound like people are selling their family members into slavery or something. 

You're right. However, the douchebags that buy the super limited _________ from Band X just to scalp, flip, resell, whatever.the.fuck.you.wanna.call.it to ACTUAL fans for absurdly high prices are assholes. Period. It's my personal opinion. I was commenting that Rottengoth's observation that people are capitalistic douches was very correct. That's what Rottengoth nailed.

You're right. However, the douchebags that buy the super limited _________ from Band X just to scalp, flip, resell, whatever.the.fuck.you.wanna.call.it to ACTUAL fans for absurdly high prices are assholes. Period. It's my personal opinion. I was commenting that Rottengoth's observation that people are capitalistic douches was very correct. That's what Rottengoth nailed.

that's no one but the band/label's fault for making such a limited product. they could easily press enough so everyone could get one and in turn leaving the records with a low resale value. 

So people are paying money to get this Platinum VIP thing (from what I read, I don't actually know) just to get into a Coheed and Cambria show, just so they can buy this record, just so they can flip it?

Considering that the Platinum VIP and most of the Gold have been sold out for a lot of the shows even before the reissue was announced is irrelevant in this discussion. Now granted, if people who already have either of those VIPs decide to get copies and flip them, that's their damn business. Surely it sucks and feels wrong for all of those "more deserving fans" who need a reality check and their inflated sense of entitlement knocked down a few pegs.

If the peach tour-only variant were the only version out there available, I'd somewhat understand the bitching and moaning. But it's NOT! There are plenty of black 180-gram copies to be purchased and there was plenty of time before the Grey one sold out.

This of course begs the question...why are people complaining that they can't get their hands on the peach tour one b/c of "those damn flipppers" when there are two other versions to be had that are/were more readily & easily available?

Some people it seems get completely twisted up if they can't have a complete record collection of a band (whether they actually listen to the records or not is another can of worms to open up) because they're unable to get that one limited variant. Do you honestly think a band gives a rat's ass if you have each and every single release they've put out in every single minute variant?!?! Oh, I forget. Having it all is the badge of being super fanatico fantastico number one!