OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

Quick story and probably outdated at this point: (TLDR at bottom)

Went to the LA show Saturday night as a Gold pass holder. Was only about 15th to 20th in line for the Gold, (the 25 Platinum holders went in already).

I had a creeping thought that said they were going to go quick. LA shows are usually the West Coast hot bed for Coheed. I go to the Ralph's next to the Wiltern and chat up a couple platinum holders thinking I should give them 40 bucks and tell them to grab me one. I brought up the vinyl topic and said I really hope I get one but my pride stopped me short of asking for help. But they sounded confident that they wouldn't sell out, so I took my hopes with me back to the line.

So being let in around the 20 person mark (figuring there's about 40-50 people inside before me, I bolt straight to the merch table. And as I'm approaching, one girl walks away with a record and I think "YES" I'm going to get one. I ask for one less than 15 seconds later and they are gone. I plead with the guy to sell me the display copy since I had just flown cross country (Virginia) for this LA show (work priorities exempted me from the East Coast shows).

No dice, but he mentioned they were holding some to sell at seven for general admission. Hearbroken, I trudge into the theater (which is one of the nicest ones I've been in, love Art Deco style). Now it's taking them 20 minutes to set up for the opening song. So I get anxious and decide to go wait around the table for 7 o clock, forgoing the cover song (no biggie, 5th Coheed show, I hate covers anyway)

Chances were that there was another guy waiting for them to start selling again and by the graces of the merch table people, they allowed us to form a line for them. The song ends and there is a mad rush of Gold pass holders that missed out on a copy. I even saw dudes that were at the front of the Gold line rushing up. Either they are the root of the problem or Platinum grabbed all of them.

So they started selling at 7, even before general admission started flowing in. I got a single copy and the rest is history.

Sounds like the band is getting word of the hoarding and generally, Coheed tries to do awesome things for their fans and they try to look out for them. If the one per person limit is indeed in place now, I applaud them for it. 

I had thoughts about flipping one to help pay for the trip, but deep down, it's a shitty thing to do and I loathe those that do it regardless if it's exclusives, tickets etc. Scalpers and flippers are the scum of the Earth.

TLDR: Almost got screwed out of a tour variant even being among the very first into the venue because money grubbing "fans" want to throw them up on Ebay for 5 times the price.

Quick story and probably outdated at this point: (TLDR at bottom)

Went to the LA show Saturday night as a Gold pass holder. Was only about 15th to 20th in line for the Gold, (the 25 Platinum holders went in already).

I had a creeping thought that said they were going to go quick. LA shows are usually the West Coast hot bed for Coheed. I go to the Ralph's next to the Wiltern and chat up a couple platinum holders thinking I should give them 40 bucks and tell them to grab me one. I brought up the vinyl topic and said I really hope I get one but my pride stopped me short of asking for help. But they sounded confident that they wouldn't sell out, so I took my hopes with me back to the line.

So being let in around the 20 person mark (figuring there's about 40-50 people inside before me, I bolt straight to the merch table. And as I'm approaching, one girl walks away with a record and I think "YES" I'm going to get one. I ask for one less than 15 seconds later and they are gone. I plead with the guy to sell me the display copy since I had just flown cross country (Virginia) for this LA show (work priorities exempted me from the East Coast shows).

No dice, but he mentioned they were holding some to sell at seven for general admission. Hearbroken, I trudge into the theater (which is one of the nicest ones I've been in, love Art Deco style). Now it's taking them 20 minutes to set up for the opening song. So I get anxious and decide to go wait around the table for 7 o clock, forgoing the cover song (no biggie, 5th Coheed show, I hate covers anyway)

Chances were that there was another guy waiting for them to start selling again and by the graces of the merch table people, they allowed us to form a line for them. The song ends and there is a mad rush of Gold pass holders that missed out on a copy. I even saw dudes that were at the front of the Gold line rushing up. Either they are the root of the problem or Platinum grabbed all of them.

So they started selling at 7, even before general admission started flowing in. I got a single copy and the rest is history.

Sounds like the band is getting word of the hoarding and generally, Coheed tries to do awesome things for their fans and they try to look out for them. If the one per person limit is indeed in place now, I applaud them for it. 

I had thoughts about flipping one to help pay for the trip, but deep down, it's a shitty thing to do and I loathe those that do it regardless if it's exclusives, tickets etc. Scalpers and flippers are the scum of the Earth.

TLDR: Almost got screwed out of a tour variant even being among the very first into the venue because money grubbing "fans" want to throw them up on Ebay for 5 times the price.

+1