Size of your collection

i dont want to count. that would be like being a smoker and going to the doctor... but!

when i moved i used 15 cardboard boxes, each box is advertised to hold 50-65 records, i would average it at 45 considering all the gatefolds and double LPs. one had the 10s in and a couple of box sets.  another 2 were full of box sets. the 7s where moved separately. that leaves us 12boxes 12x45= 540 without the box sets, 10s, 7s and everything ive bought since. quite awesome and pathetic.

Been collecting a year but only really started properly about 4 months a go when I joined here.

I think I had about 10 when I joined here and now I'm on 82 with 11 incoming.

I also have about 100 which are hand me downs from parents and grandparents (not included on tradelist). Nothing but musicals, Meatloaf and Lionel Richie. Hardly ever listen to them but definintely keeping them for sentimental reasons.

I have around 2500 LP'S/12" records, and another 350+ 7" records. Plus 20-30 odd sized. I started collecting seriously in the early 90's, buy I pretty much quit buying from 2003 or so until last year when I picked up the hobby again. I have a ton of 12" hip-hop singles from the late 90's/early 2000's from my days as a DJ that I'd love to get rid of but I haven't been able to get my shit together and list them. I need to do it because I need the space and hate flipping thru them.

I only have about half of my collection on Discogs but the stats are:

• Minimum:  $10,338.87
  • Median:  $17,304.81
  • Maximum:  $29,126.56

i've been buying since '07, first record was Kidcrash Jokes on red vinyl, have accumulated a pretty massive collection since then despite having periods of non-buying. i want to say about 700 but i STILL need to do a trade list, i've been waiting to get the whole collection in one place(but want to wait till I have a longterm residence before doing so....) so I can organize them a la High Fidelity by the year first heard. 

I started collecting in the late 90s while DJ'ing.  But I ended up selling mostly everything in the early 2000's to fund other gear.  I picked it back up in 2010 and have been slowly trying to accumulate my all-time favorites plus new stuff since everyone is releasing stuff on vinyl again.  At this point I have maybe 100 records in total across 12", 10", and 7".  I'd love to snag every release that piqued my interest, but I can barely keep up with the must-haves.  Still, it's awesome.

Got my first LP and turntable in 1998 or 1999. I was 13. Bought an album once a year or so until I graduated college in 2009. I have since sold nearly every CD I've ever owned except ones that are special to me.

This is where I stand now.

182 items

34 CD

12 DVD

136 Vinyl (Mostly LPs, about a dozen 7")

Collection Value Range
  • Minimum: $1,886.68
  • Median: $2,905.70
  • Maximum: $4,789.91

I'll play...

Discogs believes I have about 3478 records of varying sizes.

but since i live in NYC and have limited space I have been selling and buying for the last year

trying to keep it about this size..

now it has to be a record I love, worth something or something new to stay in my collection..

(also about 5 years I sold almost all 900 of my CD's)

I started collecting in / around 94 but mostly 45's then cause it was easier to move every six months

like most 20 somethings..

$52,042.82 Median: $74,979.75 Maximum: $112,886.19

(not including items never sold)

please do not rob my home.  

recordnerd says I have:

7" - 145

10" - 9

12" - 563

I know some of them aren't on there though and I didn't divide up at least my NMH box set. Whatevs. A lot of the 7" are garbage anyway.

I have a bunch of weird old Korean and Japanese pop and psych-pop from the 60's and 70's that I can't read to catalog.