Elf: Music from the Motion Picture pre order 11/4

Yeah during the holiday season most christmas CDs sell if they're recognizable titles with a good nostalgic appeal to it; Peanuts, etc. I'm sure this will sell fine, but when I was working at a record store we would sit on copies of both the movie and the soundtrack alllllll year as they sat in the dollar bins, and then sell them all come December. You know what CD sold better than the Elf soundtrack? Garth Brooks Christmas. That was the hotness. SRC should press that too, because people like it! 

please show me these high sales facts. A link, sales figures, something that backs this up. I worked at a record store for three seasons and nothing fucking touched Buble come christmas time.

It was certified Gold in 2011, 500,000 copies in 8 years. Does not account for second hand sales, but yeah not a whole lot. Buble Christmas? As of 2013, its gone platinum 3 times. That bro sure knows how to sing about Christmas.

dreamover is right, but the only reason that he's right is the market is bottlenecked.

As far as I'm concerned, the ideal outcome here is that the bubble doesn't burst, it doesn't turn out to be a bubble at all and eventually the market realizes this and invests in more pressing plants, alleviating the bottleneck... and allowing dreamover to press his records again without a ridiculous pressing delay.

Maybe even pressing prices come down?  That'd be cool, eh?

The high sales stats are fact not opnion.

Don't even bother dude, there's always the same set of guys who rally against these types of pressings as if they don't live in a capitalist country. If you want the release, just buy it and ignore all the negativity that surrounds these SRC related threads. You'll never win.

as if they don't live in a capitalist country. 

This is the logic I use for every complaint about society from people about everything; high gas prices, raise in dairy prices, getting paid minimum wage, being run out of business by a larger corporation, records being 2-3x as expensive as they were 10 years ago, etc. Tough shit, its a capitalist country! Sure, SRC can still do what they want to make a buck, but it doesn't mean some people won't like it. If you say that you have never complained about something a company put out/did, then you are a liar. 

This is the logic I use for every complaint about society from people about everything; high gas prices, raise in dairy prices, getting paid minimum wage, being run out of business by a larger corporation, records being 2-3x as expensive as they were 10 years ago, etc. Tough shit, its a capitalist country! Sure, SRC can still do what they want to make a buck, but it doesn't mean some people won't like it. If you say that you have never complained about something a company put out/did, then you are a liar.

His tune changed once he became affiliated with SRC. I wonder what they said to him.

His tune changed once he became affiliated with SRC. I wonder what they said to him.

That's precious, nobody has ever given me a stern talking to. The only time I had an issue with SRC is when IVWT(RIP) got banned, that happened long before I started helping out with the boards. I'll never know what exactly happened between them and it's none of my business. You guys are welcome to conspiracy theorize as much as you want, I buy/pay for the SRC releases I want just like anyone else.

You have to admit this is more or less Slacktivism. This is a free market and SRC is obviously doing well enough to keep releasing records. I'd argue your whistling blowing is moot at best. People will complain about the price of an OST 2xLP then buy it on clearance, or get a product SRC released from a different retailer like that's somehow a better moral option. I stand on neither side, I just find the consistent complaining to be waste of time when people are being hypocritical in the long run. I hope users like Dreamover are successful with their record labels, but the difficulties he and his peers might face shouldn't be attributed to a single other buisness's model or operation.

• 5 weeks later...