New DEAFHEAVEN LP in 2015

jhulud

Lol at that remark. Too big for Deathwish? That's fucking ridiculous. They'll probably put it out on Sargent House, which is even smaller. If Deathwish can support Touche, they can certainly handle another Deafheaven release. Hopefully it's a mutual agreement. I will support both the band and the label forever.

I'm real fucking mad about something that a band member said because it's absolutely inconceivable that there may be things beyond my knowledge which factored into their decision to leave the label that I like.

Did you even read what he said or just the thread here? The condescending way it was said is what gets me.

Did you even read what he said or just the thread here? The condescending way it was said is what gets me.

Yeah, I read it. The likelihood of this band waking up one morning and saying, "Hey, I think we're just too big for this label now," and deciding to leave is very slim. What's much more likely is that many factors led to this (consider Deathwish's ability not only to distribute, but to advertise/manage a band like Deafheaven, who after Sunbather have become very popular) and both the band and label came to some agreeable terms concerning their departure. 

I feel EXACTLY the same, I can listen to it but I can never really get into it. I saw them live and that was fun enough but felt the same way as the record, I just wished that dude would shut the fuck up. 

I'm not trying to knock them, more power to them and you guys that really like them, but it always surprised me how popular they were since I find it to be pretty abrasive. That said, I'll check out the new record for sure. 

I'm with you here. I can listen to Sunbather, but I can't like... listen to Sunbather, if that makes sense. I like the music, can't get past the vocals. I suppose you and I are the minority, though. 

That's the best I could've put it. Feel exactly the same.

I'll probably listen to the new record when it comes out next year, but... yeah, not expecting to be blown away.

However, Deafheaven is probably the best of the VC hype bands, IMO.