Yeah, I looked on Instagram.. all crap, all the usual suspects of value village / goodwill. If I loved REO speedwagon, neil diamond and Chicago this may work.

What is most amazing is the positive response on social media.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with REO Speedwagon!

Hey, there's nothing wrong with REO Speedwagon!

They do have some alright songs, however it is undeniable they like to hang out in dollar bins. 

I am fairly certain Engelbert Humperdinck records are part of the #lazysaturday vibe, perhaps the #cookingvinyl vibe, I did see a post with the Beach Boys second worst album and it was labeled #cookingvinyl. 

can't say i've ever tried listening to my records while cooking #extragreaseinthegrooves

I did it twice, it a really good idea. You put your selection on, begin cooking, then it sits in the run-off groove until you are done cooking and wash your hands. It's fantastic, you get a full side of music. 

Of all the loony things about that #keepit picture, what hurts my head the most is the Fugazi 3 Songs 7" just chillin' halfway out of its sleeve. Why do the social media #brand managers for these vinyl 2.0 startups always meticulously arrange records splayed out over the floor? No human action could result in those records being laid out the way they are.

You guys, I just came up with the best idea for a Kickstarter. I hope you all support it.

It's called:

Records On The Floor

What we do: We take all of your records and conveniently place them on the floor in such a way that it looks like it was an unintentional but perfectly Instagram-worthy photo opportunity.  Don't try this on your own at home - you run the risk of making it look like you just dropped your records out of your Ikea shelves. Flooring records is not an accident - it's an art.

Pledge $5 - we will give you one map to floor your records, good for rooms up to 12 x 12

Pledge $25 - we will give you maps to floor your records in all kinds of different rooms - college dorms, messy kitchens, unfinished basements, parents' living rooms

Pledge $50 - all of the above plus a special 'I Floor My Records' sticker, compatible with all Crosley turntables

Pledge $100 - all of the above, plus a Record Floorist will provide personalized recommendations using FaceTime

Pledge $250 - all of the above, plus ten exclusively chosen records based on the colour of your floor (*subject to availability at Goodwill)

Pledge $500 - all of the above, plus a special Crosley turntable selected exclusively from Urban Outfitters to best suit your floor

which is the second worst Beach Boys album?

follow up question:

Which is the third?

Lol, personal opinion of course. I would say their absolute worst is Keepin' Summer Alive, The one shown in the photo for VNYL was L.A. (Light Album) which I would consider their second worst however the 1985 Self titled would be an extremely close 3rd, possibly  worse than L.A, 

Lol, personal opinion of course. I would say their absolute worst is Keepin' Summer Alive, The one shown in the photo for VNYL was L.A. (Light Album) which I would consider their second worst however the 1985 Self titled would be an extremely close 3rd, possibly  worse than L.A, 

LOL - i gotta be honest, I haven't listened to any Beach Boys albums from the 80's onward. I'm not even tempted.