I can't wrap my brain around stuff like this...

https://mobile.twitter.com/cassandraamo/status/598704102613192704

seems like the majority of satisfied Vnyl customers are female. not sure what to make of that, just something i noticed while looking around twitter and instagram today.

https://twitter.com/guerrillacandy/status/585530510765621249

also, this guy is ready for a rockin' 80s #danceparty. with Styx.

This whole thing is priceless, I only found out about this after the event sadly and missed out on quite a few comedy opportunities.

And to use the correct vernacular for this particular concept regarding a response to what was to be expected from this service (and I use the term service very loosely)

#noshitsherlock

this. I've loaned some records before and always regret it. People have some grubby ass hands in this world.

And this, rental requests for my records are always met with the Charlton Heston response

This thread has been one of the most entertaining I've read for a while, I thought the number of thick people was worrying before the internet but FFS it's an epidemic now.

i hope this whole vinyl curation thing burns out quick. even vinyl me, please and feedbands or whatever it's called, is on some dumb shit. whatever happened to discovering music on your own?

That's my thing; I still like to do things in a more organic way. Hearing music at the record store, talking to other buyers at the store, etc. 

This guy still had the $1.99 sticker on one of his records. https://twitter.com/marc_gallow/status/598652387348357121

Maybe I need to wear my glasses more often but that that looks like an 8 to me.

That's my thing; I still like to do things in a more organic way. Hearing music at the record store, talking to other buyers at the store, etc.

This has got to be an older generation thing (not that it's bad), but I was born in the late 80's and don't want to talk to anyone anywhere haha.

You're mad at Alt, not me!

Anyways here's another long winded article about how much they suck. 

http://blurtonline.c...-blows-it-pt-1/ 

Nick Alt

"The real magic that I can bring to this is the community aspect. People who listen to vinyl are not connected [the way online users are] unless they go to a record store, so why can’t we bridge that for people who are really into listening to vinyl."

I don't know, I feel pretty connected to the community here on Vinyl Collective..

Nick Alt

"The real magic that I can bring to this is the community aspect. People who listen to vinyl are not connected [the way online users are] unless they go to a record store, so why can’t we bridge that for people who are really into listening to vinyl."

I don't know, I feel pretty connected to the community here on Vinyl Collective..

You have to assume the people this would appeal to are blissfully unaware that things like VC or the other vinyl related online communities exist, which is probably no bad thing as it would be a load more people I would have to refer to my nice words in red below.

That and I suppose they need a Google curator to tell them what to search for in the first place.

I like how the actual VNYL record store sells new records, but their subscribers only get pure junk.

Nick Alt, if you're lurking (and there's a pretty good chance that you are), here's a free idea: Every package from here on out should have one new, modern record accompanied by two old used records that somehow fit the same #vibe. Like, something THIS SIMPLE wouldn't cut into your profit margin a ton and would also make customers feel like they're actually getting something worthwhile, instead of mailing thrift-store records across the country just to be taken to another thrift store.

So, like, if someone picks "#danceparty" or whatever, send them the new Mark Ronson record with Bruno Mars on it, then some random-ass Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie records too. BOOM. DONE. Your customer is stoked and you cleaned out your dollar bin.

Now pay me $36,000.

But he doesn't have enough money to do that and operate a brick and mortar location.

Think back to Virgil. The vc co op was operating at a profit or at the very least breaking even, but he had to fund his brewery tours and burrito stands that were losing money.

(Unrelated but he has a podcast about taking shits)

I like how the actual VNYL record store sells new records, but their subscribers only get pure junk.

Nick Alt, if you're lurking (and there's a pretty good chance that you are), here's a free idea: Every package from here on out should have one new, modern record accompanied by two old used records that somehow fit the same #vibe. Like, something THIS SIMPLE wouldn't cut into your profit margin a ton and would also make customers feel like they're actually getting something worthwhile, instead of mailing thrift-store records across the country just to be taken to another thrift store.

So, like, if someone picks "#danceparty" or whatever, send them the new Mark Ronson record with Bruno Mars on it, then some random-ass Stevie Wonder and Lionel Richie records too. BOOM. DONE. Your customer is stoked and you cleaned out your dollar bin.

Now pay me $36,000.

I almost feel like they are trying to #rebrand shit albums as being hip. I have never listened to Elton John - Breaking Hearts however it's posted on their Facebook as #dinnerparty 3 separate times, with all of Elton's back catalog being quite affordable, who would want this? I mean if you take a picture of hipsters holding this album it does not increase its street cred, it's still ranked on Best Ever Albums as being Elton's 30th best album and is available on discogs at 81 cents.