"VNYL’s promise was to select records for the individual subscriber based on “#vibe” — with #vibe defined by the subscriber’s existing tastes and interests — but numerous commenters didn’t feel their own #vibe had been reflected in the records mailed to them by VNYL."

youdontsay.jpg

this guy is such a joke. He didn't realize there was a law against this until after he took all the money, so completely altering his business model to have it be contrary to what he initially proposed to his investors; what a shitty businessman. The internet's great and all, but I'm sick of these campaigns supporting nobodys just because they have some semi-ok idea, but have no business experience, no PR skills(swearing in press coverage), no idea what they're doing, all so they can tell people they're an entrepreneur and that they support vinylz. Also, "wax" is becoming the new "vinylz" to me. I know its a classic way to reference them, but its becoming so douchey to me, and they're made of PVC!!! 

funny article. this whole thing is like everything obnoxious about record collecting in 2015 compressed into one stupid idea. i've bought plenty of dumb stuff pertaining to my record collection but it is beyond me how these guys got 30k in funding for this, even if it had delivered on its promises its still just a terrible idea. the fact that it is all stuff from the 50 cent bin advertised as being "hand picked" around the most trendy "moods" they could think of (vance joy) really drives home how it could only ever be a gimmick.

i know i'm just saying what everybody else in this thread has already said but man i'm glad this is just falling on its face. it will save the world months of #checkoutmyVNYL tumblr/instagram whoring if nothing else i guess. between the kickstarter, the social media, the "mood playlists" and the over compensatory attitude the guys who created have (#keeptherecordsbro) despite it being such an obvious cash grab are the stuff i'd expect to see in a parody. 

just doing a few random record swaps on a forum like VC is a way better way to get a similar experience to what they offer, and you actually have a chance to get something good. 

the biggest surprise to me about this is the $24 pricetag.

Seriously. If you wanna hear 3 shitty records and enjoy them spend that money this way; spend $1.50 in the bargain bin on 3 random records and the other $22.50 on Beer. Drink one beer every song. easy peasy. 

I should start Canuckyl, the Canadian vinyl source. 

For $30.00 dollars USD a month you well receive a clever vinyl related limerick with your name in it, a vinyl related joke and 3 hand curated vinyl records guaranteed to live up to your expectations.

Artists I currently have piling up in my basement being stored in my moisture controlled, air conditioned shipping facility are as follows.  

Bryan Adams, Aldo Nova, Harlequin, Honeymoon Suite, Idle Eyes, Loverboy, Max Webster, Parachute Club, Prism, Saga, Spoons, Streetheart and Toronto

this is just a few of my amazing Canadian Contribution to Canuckyl

the biggest surprise to me about this is the $24 pricetag.

Seriously. If you wanna hear 3 shitty records and enjoy them spend that money this way; spend $1.50 in the bargain bin on 3 random records and the other $22.50 on Beer. Drink one beer every song. easy peasy.

I mean, I could understand the price of they were based in Canada. shipping a single LP is around $12, increase the weight with multiple records, product and packaging costs, labor & overhead, $24 would be about right for this shit with minimal profit. with media mail in the U.S. being what, $4 though? this is a massive ripoff.

These people got $3 more in records than all us Old Canes backers. ha ha ha.

Did anyone on here actually back this? What were people expecting? Short of sourcing wholesale exclusives lots from labels this was always going to be total garbage. I do however feel for the cat that got the Dan Fogelberg record - no one should suffer the shock of finding that shit in their home. 

I mean, I could understand the price of they were based in Canada. shipping a single LP is around $12, increase the weight with multiple records, product and packaging costs, labor & overhead, $24 would be about right for this shit with minimal profit. with media mail in the U.S. being what, $4 though? this is a massive ripoff.

Usually large companies based around shipping have discount commercial contracts with carriers to cut costs even further too. This guy is an asshole plain and simple for sure. I'm at least excited to know that he's gonna get a swift kick of reality right in his ass once all this is said and done, and the only #vibes he'll be providing will be at his new job at the 24 hour sex shop in the seedy part of town.

My first shipment came, this stupid one with "BLOOD" painted on it is just a real jacket flipped inside out. The music on the records themselves also have nothing to do with the #nightbrunch I needed them for. What a shitty service, never again.

0915ec4e-4181-4786-b7e2-72ebaf18b066_zps