What will decide how long VNYL or RCRDSTR survives is the number of millennials who are willing to spend $25 a month or $50 plus parking and gas to be able to take a single Instagram photo of themselves with old, funny, cute vintage records.

Their store front is a big beach-style-event-loft-sized photo booth with minimal product.

Also, someone linked to a second article (Rambo possibly) and they said that they price Dylan, Young, and Costello at $12 a pop. Holy shit, I should be happy that my local store usually has them around $6.

Yeah, depends on the area, but a nice copy of most creative peak-era albums by any of those guys is definitely at least $12 all day long for the most part, with some stuff going for more. Neil Young in particular is pretty in demand right now. I've been waiting patiently for a clean copy of On The Beach to show up locally for under $30.

Yeah, depends on the area, but a nice copy of most creative peak-era albums by any of those guys is definitely at least $12 all day long for the most part, with some stuff going for more. Neil Young in particular is pretty in demand right now. I've been waiting patiently for a clean copy of On The Beach to show up locally for under $30.

Same for me about On the Beach.

That isn't really a get rich quick scheme though. The service had the potential to be more of a money-maker.

Recurring revenue is where it is at right now, which is why you're seeing more things adopt a subscription model. I still think a curated monthly delivery service is an sound (and profitable) idea, provided they get the curation aspect right. I'd maybe try one out if it looked promising.

But, so far, the problem has been two-fold. First, curation can be really, really, tricky, even with algorithmic help. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, everyone starting these types of services seem like complete fucking morons.

they obviously have no interest in improving their curation, which is why this is a scam.

I got on Twitter a couple months back and am more than pleased with my 130ish followers. ha ha.

I've backed off over the last couple months, it's an addictive time waster for sure. I like Twitter a lot because when I make jokes on there people follow me, opposed to when I make jokes on here and everyone thinks I'm being an asshole haha.

I'd pay 30 but I never see it. my local guy said he hasn't had a used copy in that wasn't trashed in 10 years.....

I just found this a couple weeks ago for $3 locally :) The sleeve has some heavy ringwear, but the disc is great. I've been on a kick with him lately and have just been picking up random albums of his. Hadn't heard this album before then, but it has become one of my favs of his!

I just found this a couple weeks ago for $3 locally :) The sleeve has some heavy ringwear, but the disc is great. I've been on a kick with him lately and have just been picking up random albums of his. Hadn't heard this album before then, but it has become one of my favs of his!

wanna double your money?

lol

If I send someone on VC $50 to buy my next sack of MJ, and tell them what kind I prefer to smoke, I would be pissed off if they sent me oregano from Whole Foods, instead of the saffron I asked for.

@museummouth - you did right by your niece to explain, using the bins at your local shop. Cheers.

Someone in LA needs to find out when exactly when their shop opened, or, do we know if someone connected to this group owns the house/'shop'?

anybody in LA willing to go down to the store and confront these assholes?

Damn, I'm not too far from Venice, I'm starting to consider walking in the store, popin a squat, and dropping a big duke in mid-store, then tell them they can send it back if they don't want it..