Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

All this shit is practically designed to flip. Its appeal is based on its "collectibility", almost none of it would sell if it came out a month ago, and pretty much all the releases that would sell will get wide releases later in the year. It's honestly pretty pathetic how worked up some of you are getting about it. Don't hate the player, etc. It's like getting mad at a bootleg t-shirt vendor for opportunistically profiting off the competitive spirit of the Super Bowl.

All this shit is practically designed to flip. Its appeal is based on its "collectibility", almost none of it would sell if it came out a month ago, and pretty much all the releases that would sell will get wide releases later in the year. It's honestly pretty pathetic how worked up some of you are getting about it. Don't hate the player, etc. It's like getting mad at a bootleg t-shirt vendor for opportunistically profiting off the competitive spirit of the Super Bowl.

But if you don't yell at the bootlegger the teams will lose out on that money!  

I remember you flipping Converge cassettes on Discogs for about a year after their newest album was released.

just saw this, and it is not true. I bought one copy of that tape and I still have it. recently sold for $25 on discogs. sent it to the buyer but it got returned. refunded the buyer and still have the tape.

also, I have flipped tons of records. that isn't the issue at hand. the issue is pretending to be a good dude and asking people to help you out because you cant get a copy and you are a huge fan, and then immediately flipping that record. its disingenuous. don't pretend to be something you are not. that is all.

the issue is pretending to be a good dude and asking people to help you out because you cant get a copy and you are a huge fan, and then immediately flipping that record. its disingenuous. don't pretend to be something you are not. that is all.

Who is doing this?

That is indeed a rude thing to do.

you do this. quit playing the brain damage card.

If I do this please post proof?  

One I haven't asked any one here to pick up anything for me.

Two I posted my ebay link so please show me anything that I sold that someone else bought for me.

If you have a problem with me flipping that is one thing...but you have said you do it to.

If you want to play like I am doing something else that is completely different.

would REALLY be sick if you could get me Pity Sex, Pianos, Camera Shy 7"s

Great ideas. Gotta support a localish label!

I'd love to see the Simple Minds double-LP live album. Is it true the Tears For Fears 12" got cancelled? Also, your site mentions two prices for the Ivy "Guestroom" LP - why?

Yes, Tears for Fears was cancelled. I didn't hear why, however. It looks like we have two listings for Ivy because there was some question somewhere about whether they used the old UPC or created a new one. Sorry for the confusion there. I don't think the Simple Minds record will make it here for the video. That might be hard to find in the US because of the price and how it is being sold to stores. 

To derail from everyone's unethical ways, does anyone think that Mighty Mighty Bosstones release will be hard to find?

Answer this and resume your confessions.

Bosstones should be no problem.