Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

So what's going to be the thing everyone's after this time 'round? Last year we had Cake, REM, and DMB, but I can't really think of any title off of the current list that will fly off the shelves.

curious about this too...outside of Deja. I'm just going for the new BtS album and to take part in some sales local stores are having, and my gf is after the Mclusky repress, so two things no one's going to flip their shit for.  

oh. besides that i guess. 

Just to weigh in, I only want a few things and none are super important. I'd like to have "Picaresque" from the Decemberists, "America Must Be Destroyed" by Gwar, "Demo" by the Pizza Underground. I'd REALLY like to have "Deja" and I WILL (most likely) have hedwig and the Angry Inch. Anything else I see will be dependant upon what of those I was unable to get. There's nothing I will cry without.

Shit: totally forgot about Against Me! 7", that's kind of a must.

So what's going to be the thing everyone's after this time 'round? Last year we had Cake, REM, and DMB, but I can't really think of any title off of the current list that will fly off the shelves.

My guess: Brand New, The White Stripes, U2, Pearl Jam, and Black Keys....those seem to be the bands with the biggest fan bases for vinyl in general and no matter what they release there is never enough.

I'm a comparative geezer around here, so I'm hoping to get

1. Simple Minds - Celebrate Live from the SEE Hydro Glasgow (which I probably won't be able to find here in the US).

2. Ivy - Guestroom (I picture this being easy to find, even 2 months from now).

3. Paul McCartney - that 12" that I have no chance of getting even if I'm first in line.

4. Hanni El Khatib - "Devil's Pie" picture disc (all the local record shops are rockist, so they won't have it, I'm sure).

On the fence about possibly getting:

Aha - "Take On Me" picture disc (Cool-looking but not a great song and it's $15)

WB Side-by-Side - "Bad Reputation"

WB Side-by-Side - "The Message"

Foo Fighters 10" (I'd be curious to hear his take on "Kids In America" but it'll probably suck and otherwise, eh).

Replacements 10" ("Alex Chilton" is a great song but $15 is steep).

Brand New - I live on Long Island so damn, in a perfect world, we'd be awash in them here.

Hey fellow Pearl Jam nerds, Ten Club is actually doing something:

I'm sure this will be at least $50, but I'll gamble on that for colored studio albums or a Benaroya box.

Yeah, I think I will too. Anyone think this will sell out quickly? From that list, it looks like they should have quite a few packages available.

Gotta check the list again. But i know i wanna grab Dead Milkmen- Beelzabubba and still need to get Big Lizard from last year too. Not a much of a Foo Fighters fan but since this is the very early stuff i maybe into it a bit more and I'm on the fence with that PJ sale. Is there an Electric Wizard release for RSD?

Gotta check the list again. But i know i wanna grab Dead Milkmen- Beelzabubba and still need to get Big Lizard from last year too. Not a much of a Foo Fighters fan but since this is the very early stuff i maybe into it a bit more and I'm on the fence with that PJ sale. Is there an Electric Wizard release for RSD?

Yup.

Time To Die on silver vinyl. The picture of the cover looks like the art is brown instead of silver. Nothing too exciting IMO.

Yeah, I think I will too. Anyone think this will sell out quickly? From that list, it looks like they should have quite a few packages available.

It will sell out quickly.  The butthurt will be major that day.  I'll be shocked if I get through.  I hate their message board so much.

Apparently someone was concerned that they were already sold out because they didn't see them in the 10 club store today.  Sale is next week.