Record Store Day 2015 (4/18/15)

This is what I am saying. Several shops have been selling them for a while as limited, in shop only sales. Completely legit as far as I can tell as it's *not* RSD. But tapping into the whole vinyl is cool and as there is a buzz around RSD. And someone scrawled on them.

My suspicion is someone has seen them, got the wrong end of the stick and now it's ZOMG RSD SIGNED RELEASE.

Unless, there is a seperate release for RSD which is very similar to this. Which I kind of doubt.

This is what I am saying. Several shops have been selling them for a while as limited, in shop only sales. Completely legit as far as I can tell as it's *not* RSD. But tapping into the whole vinyl is cool and as there is a buzz around RSD. And someone scrawled on them.

My suspicion is someone has seen them, got the wrong end of the stick and now it's ZOMG RSD SIGNED RELEASE.

Unless, there is a seperate release for RSD which is very similar to this. Which I kind of doubt.

Indeed. Here's another twitter post, from Rough Trade, who've been selling these in store since Monday.

https://twitter.com/RoughTrade/status/585020353866510339

Imagine if the Bull Moose video didn't show Deja

how angry people would be

No kidding. Unfortunately, I will only be able to show the outside as I wasn't able to get a copy to open up. That's probably a good thing because it means one more person will get to buy it somewhere.

Glad to hear it. Now if they'd repress Don't Know How to Party.

It wouldn't surprise me if they do that if this year's one sells OK.

Could you show the Jurassic 5 'Quality Control' box set in your RSD video?

I really hope to. It hasn't arrived yet, unfortunately, and I will be filming the video this weekend. Let's all hope it comes in today's UPS. Like Brand New, I won't be able to open it, but at least we can see how sturdy it is, what the box looks like, etc.

I really hope to. It hasn't arrived yet, unfortunately, and I will be filming the video this weekend. Let's all hope it comes in today's UPS. Like Brand New, I won't be able to open it, but at least we can see how sturdy it is, what the box looks like, etc.

Though I'd love a thorough examination of both, it's cool of you to leave 'em sealed so another fan can get one. Kuddos!

Though I'd love a thorough examination of both, it's cool of you to leave 'em sealed so another fan can get one. Kuddos!

Sometimes record labels can spare a copy for me to open. Unfortunately, they didn't have extras on these. I have lots of cool stuff to open up and show off though. It should be a good one.

Hey fellow Pearl Jam nerds, Ten Club is actually doing something cool for RSD:

"We are happy to offer Current Ten Club Members the opportunity to purchase a 2015 Record Store Day Ten Club Mystery Vinyl Package. This sale will start on Saturday, April 18 at 10am Eastern.

Each package, limited to 1 per member, will contain one 12" and one single (7" or 10") vinyl release. Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready releases will be included."

I'm sure this will be at least $50, but I'll gamble on that for colored studio albums or a Benaroya box.

Hey fellow Pearl Jam nerds, Ten Club is actually doing something cool for RSD:

"We are happy to offer Current Ten Club Members the opportunity to purchase a 2015 Record Store Day Ten Club Mystery Vinyl Package. This sale will start on Saturday, April 18 at 10am Eastern.

Each package, limited to 1 per member, will contain one 12" and one single (7" or 10") vinyl release. Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder, Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready releases will be included."

I'm sure this will be at least $50, but I'll gamble on that for colored studio albums or a Benaroya box.

With a new house and a baby on the horizon, I can't gamble $50 for an RMDM LP and The Fixer 7'' (retail value: $15?). I could care less about colored variants--just repress stuff!

Bosstones and milkmen might be a bit harder to find as URP didn't press these until a couple of days ago and if I'm not mistaken....ThinkIndie is the only Distro that received copies? (I think maybe URP couldn't even get them to one-stops in time?).....but I'm not 100% on that

we got these out literally at the zero hour... some of the one stops cancelled their orders, but everything was picked up by individual stores who are clients of our distributor.. so they'll both will be widely available.

we got these out literally at the zero hour... some of the one stops cancelled their orders, but everything was picked up by individual stores who are clients of our distributor.. so they'll both will be widely available.

Great! Considering my proximity to you, that DM shouldn't be too tough to find then.

I'm not trying to start a heated discussion, but just curious as why such high price tags on single LPs?