Official VC Butt Rock and Lost Boys Thread

In an effort to clean this place up and regain some credibility I am opening up an outlet for anything vinyl related for Butt Rock and Lost Boys bands. Everything relating to these bands will go here allowing the rest of the board to function efficiently. Because this is sort of a safe space I am mandating that all insults be either thinly veiled or back handed. Blatant disrespect for these acts will not be tolerated. I will be updating this list as things progress.

Butt Rock - This is the type of music that your older brother who peaked as a junior varsity football player, still drives the hand me down car he got when he turned 16, calls people pussies, and takes one class at community college listens to on a scratched up CD with his sweet ass stereo. 

- Theory of a Deadman

- Nickleback

- Three Days Grace

- Puddle of Mudd

- Breaking Benjamin

- Seether

- Creed

- Hoobastank

- Trapt

- Hinder

- Three Doors Down

- Smile Empty Soul

- Linkin Park

- Bon Jovi

- Korn

- Buckcherry

- Avenged Sevenfold

- P.O.D.

- Limp Bizkit

- Kid Rock

Lost Boys - This shit was your jam back in the summer before high school. It was playing when you had your first kiss. You occasionally put on their t-shirt despite it being two sizes too small. The music really spoke to you the way nothing before it or after it has. When you close your eyes with this playing you can still smell her hair and taste her lip gloss.

- Cute Is What We Aim For

- This Providence

- Forever The Sickest Kids

- Good Charlotte

- Simple Plan

- Allister

- The Maine

- Cartel

- Ataris

- Houston Calls

- Just Surrender

- Valencia

If you would like a band added feel free to make a post. If you feel a band shouldn't be on this list put a youtube video of a song that was written in the last three years as evidence that the band is still relevant today. 

And if you make a thread about a soundtrack just go ahead and delete your account. 

Guest Secular Haze

In high school, my friends and I always labeled bands like Winger, Quiet Riot, Warrant and Poison as "Butt Rock." 

[edit]  I failed to mention that I also enjoy said bands.

In high school, my friends and I always labeled bands like Winger, Quiet Riot, Warrant and Poison as "Butt Rock." 

That's what I always considered 'butt rock' too.   Maybe it just depends on when you grew up.

That's what I always considered 'butt rock' too.   Maybe it just depends on when you grew up.

Winger, Warrant, and Poison are definitely the kind of arena rock that I would lump in with butt rock, but they're not in the same vein as bands like Creed or Nickelback, or Avenged Sevenfold for that matter.

Quiet Riot though? Metal Health is a fucking jam. Quiet Riot is no butt rock.

I don't think I've ever seen a thread about any of those bands on here. If I do I'll add it to the list.

Lists are hilariously accurate, save for Live. Regardless of their current relevance, with albums like Mental Jewelry, Throwing Copper, and Secret Samadhi, they will never be butt rock. Hell, even the Where The Fishes Go, and The Dolphin's Cry from The Distance To Here were solid alternative songs.