PO: RED HOUSE PAINTERS BOXSET

If you like the guy and the store, consider that you're supporting it.  Othewise, why not return it and buy it from one of the other stores?

not all shops have the same costs, they might have put the same mark up as the rest of the shops but just had a higher initial costs.  If its going to ruin your ability to enjoy the music, return it.. if you can shift your perspective and get over it, enjoy the tunes!

man, i empathize. that's a tough call in the wee hours of record store day cause a.) you don't know what other stores(not to mention flippin' ebay) are selling it for and b.) this was an extremely limited release -- at least in the SF bay area; there were like 3 or 4 TOTAL. to return this and expect to find another would have been 100% impossible where i live and i deeply envy the people who just 'stumbled across this' later in the day. i wish they'd sell me theirs. 

if it's $150 over list on the day it's supposed to come out, that's price gouging and it's flipping. 

you're always paying what the music is worth to you, versus what someone else paid the distributor for it. it's an ego thing. no one wants to pay some asshole $250 bux for something he JUST bought for $100. he's using you and the 10 guys behind you as a flippin' ATM machine. but maybe the question you need to ask yourself is, will these albums give me $250 worth of pleasure for the rest of my life? to me, that's an easy yes. then again, $250 moves a little too fast around here. my two cents. 

does anyone have an APRIL by SKM they would be willing to put toward a trade for the RHP Boxset?> I am like 75% sure 2 stores came through for me....

before you bombard me with PMs I am first looking to pick up APRIL (only LP I am missing by Koz) however if I do not find someone willing to trade I will try to find a way to open it to other members to buy (at cost + shipping + a little for putting the money up front) would have to use a credit card to be able to buy both...

does anyone have an APRIL by SKM they would be willing to put toward a trade for the RHP Boxset?> I am like 75% sure 2 stores came through for me....

before you bombard me with PMs I am first looking to pick up APRIL (only LP I am missing by Koz) however if I do not find someone willing to trade I will try to find a way to open it to other members to buy (at cost + shipping + a little for putting the money up front) would have to use a credit card to be able to buy both...

How much are they selling them for?

I'm on the fence about selling this and buying them when they come out individually.  I think the box set makes it a pain in the ass to listen to and store.  I want the music, I don't care about the collectibility.  The only things I worry about is 4AD not being allowed to put them out individually OR them being limited and having to worry about getting copies.  

I'd pay you $200...

I'd pay you $200...

don't do that.  this dude should leave the second boxset at the store for someone to buy or sell it at cost here, not "with a little extra because i have to use my credit card."  if you're gonna do someone a favor, do them a favor or don't.  you won't get charged interest if you pay your bill before the statement posts.

don't do that. this dude should leave the second boxset at the store for someone to buy or sell it at cost here, not "with a little extra because i have to use my credit card." if you're gonna do someone a favor, do them a favor or don't. you won't get charged interest if you pay your bill before the statement posts.

I'm saying I'd go up to $200.