(A Disscussion Somewhat Related To) Brand New - Deja Entendu RSD

Wait, since when does Brand New release live releases or EPs? I'd be stoked. And I'm guessing variants and rereleases are 99% not up to them in terms of how often and how many pressed, but instead up to the label(s).

they don't, that's my point. look at kevin devine's recent output- rereleases brother's blood, drops a live album that was recorded 5 or 6 years ago, and starts a 7" subscription club. 

all brand new has done is overwhelm us with one album in different colors while (until now) ignoring their golden goose, without even considering any sort of side releases.

they don't, that's my point. look at kevin devine's recent output- rereleases brother's blood, drops a live album that was recorded 5 or 6 years ago, and starts a 7" subscription club. 

all brand new's label has done is overwhelm us with one album in different colors while (until now) ignoring their golden goose, without even considering any sort of side releases.

does a band really have an obligation to do anything for its fans? 

nope.

You're a musician. You make music. If people like you, well that's swell! If no one likes you and you still make music, you're still a musician.

If you do things for your fans (or anyone), then you could start to compromise your work. Notice I said "could."