Mumford and Sons - Wilder Mind

Actually, I'm pretty sure a lot of people who are fans of Mumford & Sons are also fans of U2.  Myself included.  I mean.... it's cool to hate U2... yeah yeah that's what I meant.

Looking forward to this, really hope it doesnt sound anything like U2. I dig Mumford a good bit, but really dislike U2. But like with most bands that try to "evolve" but dont, I feel that Mumford should succeed in this though.

Was a little surprised at the announcement, but the teaser sounded okay. I do think there's a small possibility of it being an improvement... I remember early live videos of several of their songs from Babel sounded really great and had a "heavier" sound for lack of a better term. I recall being pretty disappointed when they showed up on the record thin and folksy as ever. So I feel like they have the capability to write this stuff. Maybe.

But honest to God, who pays $31+ for a single LP preorder from the band when they get nothing out of it except for a fucking ticket pre-sale? Ridiculous.

With how many thousands of copies they pressed and sold for their first two albums, the price for this one will probably plummet to $15 (maybe less) later this year when the massive pressing they put out for this album takes up space on store shelves and in warehouses everywhere.  

It's a Universal Music release so they will most likely press a billion of them, I'm willing to bet this is under $20 a month after initial release. I am definitely holding off till that happens.

Yaaaap.