(PO Now) mewithoutYou - Pale Horses

That's amazing. I'm uber jealous of anyone who owns the first two albums.

I have the first 2 albums, and not even a a "hardcore" fan. I do absolutely love those albums though. I remember that every time they came on my girlfriend's shuffle, I'd always ask who it was. Caught my attention every time but would always forget the name, then a friend sold me the first 2 albums for super cheap.

And until this new one came out, had not listened to anything else by them. Hell, still haven't. But can't stop listening to this album. It's so damn good. I'm gonna have to give their other albums a listen.

I have the first 2 albums, and not even a a "hardcore" fan. I do absolutely love those albums though. I remember that every time they came on my girlfriend's shuffle, I'd always ask who it was. Caught my attention every time but would always forget the name, then a friend sold me the first 2 albums for super cheap.

And until this new one came out, had not listened to anything else by them. Hell, still haven't. But can't stop listening to this album. It's so damn good. I'm gonna have to give their other albums a listen.

They've truly done no wrong in my book. Catch will always be my favorite, but every album stands on its own.

You need to hear the third album Brother, Sister. Its amazing. I'm not extremely keen on the fourth. I'd say its their weakest. Its very different and cool for being unique but it pales (pun intended) in comparison to all the others for my personal taste.

at least you have a tracking number...

Yeah, still silence on mine.

Got my rainbow in today and went through all the checks. Outer Sleeves...good. Side A/B...good. Lyric Book...perfect.

Until... Side A/B again! So I guess I'll be sending one back....hopefully.

At some point, someone is going to have to get 2 C/D's at this point. It seems crazy to have so many duplicates of the first record only, unless the plant really fucked up and pressed a lot more of those.

Can someone explain to me the backstory behind mwy's "Its All Crazy" album?  It sounds like they became a completely different band for one album and then immediately reverted back to sounding exactly how they sounded before that one album.  Was it an experiment?  Did it work?  Do they still play those songs live?

Can someone explain to me the backstory behind mwy's "Its All Crazy" album?  It sounds like they became a completely different band for one album and then immediately reverted back to sounding exactly how they sounded before that one album.  Was it an experiment?  Did it work?  Do they still play those songs live?

others can go more in dept, but the gist of it is this.  Aaron did most of the song writing and wanted to make songs children would enjoy as well.  There was also a lot of turmoil within the band and out.  Mike has stated he felt like a "for hire musician" during the recording process.   It just wasn't a good time for the band.  

That's pretty much it.  

I for one thought they were going to break up after It's All Crazy as they were pretty quite for several years.  But they regrouped and put out Ten Stories which is an awesome record and got some new life.

They've played Timothy Hay and The Angel of Death Came to David's Room on the Pale Horses tour; I know that much. 

Yeah, still silence on mine.

At some point, someone is going to have to get 2 C/D's at this point. It seems crazy to have so many duplicates of the first record only, unless the plant really fucked up and pressed a lot more of those.

Yeah I really want to know what really happened. I think I'm like person 13 on the VC forums, so there could be plenty more. And if there really are no duplicate C/D people out there then as someone mentioned, will they try to sell these extra deluxe A/B individually...? The questions keep coming for me. 

Can someone explain to me the backstory behind mwy's "Its All Crazy" album? It sounds like they became a completely different band for one album and then immediately reverted back to sounding exactly how they sounded before that one album. Was it an experiment? Did it work? Do they still play those songs live?

I know I'm in the minority, but this is my favorite album of theirs, so I like to think it works in a Wind in the Willows meets NMH kind of way. They still play some of the songs (or did last time I saw them), but I get the feeling they don't really connect much with them anymore and it is most fans' least favorite album. Wasn't this around the same time he did those Weiss Family shows, which were the same kind of sound? Might just be something Aaron had to get out of his system to rekindle his passion for their "old sound."

others can go more in dept, but the gist of it is this. Aaron did most of the song writing and wanted to make songs children would enjoy as well. There was also a lot of turmoil within the band and out. Mike has stated he felt like a "for hire musician" during the recording process. It just wasn't a good time for the band.

That's pretty much it.

I for one thought they were going to break up after It's All Crazy as they were pretty quite for several years. But they regrouped and put out Ten Stories which is an awesome record and got some new life.

This is pretty spot on. There was a great article in Alternative Press about this. I'm not sure if it can be found online. But there was a TON of turmoil in the band. And from fans like me, who hated that album. But Ten Stories was a wonderful rebirth.

This is pretty spot on. There was a great article in Alternative Press about this. I'm not sure if it can be found online. But there was a TON of turmoil in the band. And from fans like me, who hated that album. But Ten Stories was a wonderful rebirth.

i didn't like it and i rarely listen to it as a whole, but i like when they play a song or two during their sets and i like when some of the songs come on shuffle. ten stories has a couple of my favorite songs they've done (february 1878 and fox's dream).

I don't know if I have read that Alternative press article.  do you know when it came out?

Yeah I really want to know what really happened. I think I'm like person 13 on the VC forums, so there could be plenty more. And if there really are no duplicate C/D people out there then as someone mentioned, will they try to sell these extra deluxe A/B individually...? The questions keep coming for me.

I sent a message and asked about that, having missed out on the deluxe rainbow. Mike seemed to think he could make it happen...we'll see if it works out. I hope so, am a huge fan of this album, but don't think I need the extras.