Casual Discussion In A Dome Between Two Temples (emo revival recommendations)

• 3 weeks later...

New Del Paxton album went up for preorder at midnight, no official posts yet.

Pressing info:

/150 - 180g Black

/150 - Freight Train Blue

/200 - Fireworks

https://www.topshelfrecords.com/products/741470-del-paxton-auto-locator

https://delpaxton.bandcamp.com/album/auto-locator

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of my favorites of the year got scooped by Tiny Engines!

Footballhead - Overthinking Everything

https://footballheadchi.bandcamp.com/album/overthinking-everything-2024

Was released this summer on their own and then it got pulled from streaming for a remaster/wider release with TE next year. 

Giant hooks and tons of guitars on this album.  Snow Ellet and someone from The Academy Is are both in this band lol. Definitely for fans of the power-pop side of emo. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Couldn't find a Sweet Pill thread, i knew there was an EP coming out but didn't know preorders were up yet.

They are now on Hopeless Records:

/450 Transparent Red

/? Yellow in Clear, Band Exclusive

/? Clear with Blue Splatter, Tour Exclusive **Pick up at shows only

Three of the four songs have been released:

• 3 weeks later...

Signals Midwest and ANORAK have a split 7" (have no idea where you'd get a copy) out to promote their tour in Japan, and hot damn these songs rip!

Signals Midwest really goes the extra mile here. I've always enjoyed their more straight forward/high energy sound in this scene, but this single definitely shows off the more creative side of their song writing. If anything this feels closer to a Dikembe song but without all the sappy glum despair they can't seem to get away from  (with the exception of Hail Something, which is my favorite release of their's but it doesn't get much love).

39 minutes ago, TheGhostOfRandySavage said:

Looks like it's in Vegas, not LA, right?

14 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Yea it’s Vegas.  I think I’ll go check this one out. Seems like with this reasonable number of bands you can possibly even catch every set - which is good bc this is a pretty solid lineup.

I had to do a double-take from glancing at it earlier; absolutely would've bet money that it said Los Angeles, so I have no idea what happened there.  But you guys are right.  I dunno if Vegas is any better or worse, but at least it's closer [for me].  Probably not swinging it, but I agree that the lineup seems like you're bound to catch something great anywhere you turn.

16 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I had to do a double-take from glancing at it earlier; absolutely would've bet money that it said Los Angeles, so I have no idea what happened there.  But you guys are right.  I dunno if Vegas is any better or worse, but at least it's closer [for me].  Probably not swinging it, but I agree that the lineup seems like you're bound to catch something great anywhere you turn.

Either would be fine for me distance-wise. If I weren't planning a different trip around that time I'd be all over this even though I really hate festivals.

14 hours ago, tlr said:

Thanks for this. The Topiary Creatures album is fantastic upon the first listen.

Incredible first quarter of 2024 for emo, IMO.  In addition to the ones above, you have Glass Beach, Stay Inside, Gulfer, the new Friko album Where we've been, Where we go from here | Friko (bandcamp.com), new Carpool and Barely Civil on 3/22, and I've been really digging this Get Well, Kid album (It All Goes Away | Get Well, Kid (bandcamp.com)).

16 hours ago, dawhizz said:

Incredible first quarter of 2024 for emo, IMO.  In addition to the ones above, you have Glass Beach, Stay Inside, Gulfer, the new Friko album Where we've been, Where we go from here | Friko (bandcamp.com), new Carpool and Barely Civil on 3/22, and I've been really digging this Get Well, Kid album (It All Goes Away | Get Well, Kid (bandcamp.com)).

This is a good shout, thanks for the heads up on these, will check them out.

I'm wondering what will be the AOTY that makes everyone absolutely lose their shit.