PO: David Bowie - Blackstar - Jan. 8, 2016

gmoney

To clear up all the confusion, this link has pics of the new inner sleeve, and lots of comments on the pressing quality of the 2nd press (piss poor quality). There's also a link to discogs with a bunch of comments mentioning the second press is bad.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/new-david-bowie-album-blackstar-january-8-2016.474199/page-119#post-13751735

This link suggests there were only 10,000 of the first press available.

http://www.thevinylfactory.com/vinyl-factory-news/david-bowies-%E2%98%85-blackstar-has-sold-out-on-vinyl-until-the-end-of-the-month/

wow, that plastic is way, way different than the 1st press. Damn.

That's a real shame about the quality issues on the second press. I guess that's what happens when it's a rush-job.

For anyone still looking to pick this up - easiest way to check is if there is any 2016 on the back of the jacket, it's the 2nd press. The 1st run only says Copyright 2015.

1st run sounds perfect, quality wise.

Great now we have to rush and get the original pressing.  I doubt they'll fix this, usually big labels could give 2 shits.

Edit: Though I have warmed up to owning the black one as I opened my Arcade Fire - Neon Bible vinyl up and all black looks gorgeous even though it's the common color.  Bummed that the new pressings are crap

Great now we have to rush and get the original pressing.  I doubt they'll fix this, usually big labels could give 2 shits.

Edit: Though I have warmed up to owning the black one as I opened my Arcade Fire - Neon Bible vinyl up and all black looks gorgeous even though it's the common color.  Bummed that the new pressings are crap

Black vinyl is about to be SO in

So now we're looking at black vinyl in an attempt to warm up to the aesthetic of other black vinyl? I don't think I can handle this thread.

Then get the hell out of the thread.  

It sounds like these were rushed after the first press sold out. Maybe future pressings will have quality more like the original. 

But when will a third press be? It could be a long time and will a big label even bother to acknowledge that the second batch had a issues?