When do you add your LPs to your inventory?

How many of those go into your 'to be flipped later' list?

I've bought some things, decided I needed some cash for something else a few months later, and sold the item(s) above my personal cost but a damn good deal below the going rate. Sue me. I never bought anything with the express intention of flipping it (not that it is even inherently as evil as everyone likes to make it out to be), and have hooked up or offered to hook up my friends here many a time.

I also pretty much cleaned out my collection of stuff I don't care all that much about and it's down to permanent keepers.

i use an "incoming" section on DF. otherwise i'd have completely forgotten that i'm still waiting on the upsides repress. not even meant to be a snarky jab, just a fact. i forget about orders all the time.

also have a lot more detailed shit in an excel workbook

You guys have too much free time on your hands.

takes 20 seconds to add it to the "incoming" section after you buy it and another 20 to move it to its proper section once you receive it

I have a spread sheet for Less Than Jake stuff which is pretty anal, with tabs for different media, and even a toys tab for all the random vinyl/resin figures they've put out over the years. I recently started adding in all my other records to Discogs to start keeping track of the rest of the collection. Main reason I haven't done it with my Less Than Jake stuff yet is there are tons of variant presses that aren't even on Discogs. I'd have to set aside a good chunk of time to double check everything and edit it on there haha.

I really like the idea ofnkeeping a list for POs that people have mentioned. I really should start doing that so I'm not always wondering what the hell certain shipping notifications are haha.

And usually when stuff comes in I'll keep it on top of my shelf until I listen to it, and then it'll get added to the collection.

I haven't researched much about this, but is there an easy phone app that allows you to scan barcodes/select records easily? From what I remember, Discogs was creating an app.

As for me, my collection was small enough to add into Discogs and then for each new LP, I add it in once I receive it in hand.

Speaking of apps, isn't the Discogs app coming on Monday?

I'm a ritual person. As soon as they reach my doorstep and I get the chance to listen to them I add them to discogs with date and price and take pics of most of them for discogs or to post on here. I'm also currently working on a website to post them on and write stuff about each album, for the fun of it. It adds to the experience of enjoying records as a piece of artistic accomplishment beyond listening to it.

if the house burnt down I'd have a very comprehensive list to give to the insurance man that wasn't stored in the house that burned down.

I had my records covered in an additional insurance clause for exactly that reason. Costs next to nothing and makes me leave the house a little more calmly.