Official Discogs App!

After years of passionate cries and heartfelt pleas for a Discogs app, there is great news to share:

We are releasing the official iOS Discogs App next week!

Excited? So are we! The iOS App will be available for free in the App Store on Monday, February 29! If you are on Android, you can sign up to be an Android Beta tester on our App page.

https://blog.discogs.com/finally-official-discogs-app/?utm_source=social&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=News_2016_02_26

i hate the mobile site and haven't been a fan of prior discogs apps, so i always just use the desktop site on my phone. signed up to be a beta tester for android, so hopefully i get a chance to test drive it once that happens. very excited about having a better discogs on mobile option! 

I'd love to see an app for vinyl collecting that integrates the phone's camera and something akin to google images' "search by image" function. With a specialized data set (Discogs' image library of LP covers) you could get reasonably accurate results.

I'm specifically talking about those occasional records with no clear typography, barcode, etc where something like that could really come in handy. Not every shop has a turntable I can test weird, cool mysterious shit on.

Right off the bat I'm not super impressed with it. I'll mess around with it a bit more, but it's not something I can really see myself using all that much. I do a bit of selling here and there on Discogs, so it would be nice if there was a way to view your orders and stuff from within the app. That would probably make me a bit more keen on using it, but I've pretty much already accepted the fact that if I need to do anything in Discogs, I'll just do it on a computer.