There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

On 8/20/2016 at 5:35 PM, NapalmBrain said:

When haven't we? It's at a lower rate than ever, this is the least imperialistic we have been in my lifetime

some of us are growing tired with the constant CIA-backed overthrow of world governments and using the US military as political pawns. the war that started under bush never ended, although most of the media coverage sure did. the USA continues to play a heavy role in all the fighting and uprisings in northern africa and the middle east. the USA is drone bombing stuff all the time with little to no transparency. the USA is approving the sale of military grade weapons to arab nations at an alarming rate. meanwhile, ISIS is growing and goes unchecked. the american people have been vocal. we don't want this. only a select few are making billions of dollars off of exclusive government contracts. the rest of the country is getting screwed. 

remember that hillary is the only candidate on video laughing about overthrowing the government of libya and the fact that she was instrumental in helping gadaffi get murdered by terrorists shoving a bayonet up his ass. remember that hillary is the only candidate who ordered drone strikes (which kill innocent civilians) from her cell phone. remember that hillary is the only candidate accepting foreign money for political favors from middle eastern countries that stone raped women, throw LGBT off buildings, and condone the taking of child brides.

She's also the only candidate who is attached to a major party platform that pushes for progressive social issues in the United States via legislature and judicial appointments and she is the only candidate who is not attached to a major platform that openly seeks to roll back advancements in social issues via legislature and judicial appointments.

Trump presidency with Republican platform = US corruption continues, social issues take a step back

Clinton presidency with Democratic platform = US corruption continues, social issues continue to move forward

If corruption is a major concern for Americans, I see positive change as more possible when the quality of life within the country is higher, education is higher, and critical thinking is higher.  I don't see positive change to corrupt practices as more likely in a country where irrational, emotional thinking, denial of science, inequality, and institutionalized/leader approved lack-of-empathy are prioritized.  I don't buy into the simplistic binary of "Clinton is corrupt / Everything else is non-corrupt" or the slightly more nuanced binary of "Clinton is corrupt / We don't know that everyone else is as corrupt so they could be less corrupt maybe".

1 hour ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

I imagine Trump's response to the getting a full briefing on Drone strike protocol and procedure would be something akin to: "Cool, can I try one?"

If Obama said that, the left would eat that shit up and say things like "That's my prezzy! Keeping it real"

Edited by Tommy

1 hour ago, rds said:

She's also the only candidate who is attached to a major party platform that pushes for progressive social issues in the United States via legislature and judicial appointments and she is the only candidate who is not attached to a major platform that openly seeks to roll back advancements in social issues via legislature and judicial appointments.

The most ridiculous reason to back a maniac like Hillary. You think all of a sudden everyone is going to actively attack gays and minorities? Like American cirizens will just be like, "FINALLY! I don't have to pretend to be OK with this current state of acceptance," which is more welcoming than it has ever been befire.

I'm like the only brown person posting in this thread and I don't think that's even remotely possible. 

PS: Republicans hate Trump too, in fact one could argue Conservatives are more socially progressive than Liberals right now. They're not attacking Donald Trump's "manhood" with naked statues or shit talking a specific race or gender (like how Liberals fucking hate heterosexual white males).

30 minutes ago, Shitty Rambo said:

The most ridiculous reason to back a maniac like Hillary. You think all of a sudden everyone is going to actively attack gays and minorities? Like American cirizens will just be like, "FINALLY! I don't have to pretend to be OK with this current state of acceptance," which is more welcoming than it has ever been befire.

I'm like the only brown person posting in this thread and I don't think that's even remotely possible.

I actually kinda am worried about this to be honest, haha.  I live in Canada and lots of fucked up racial things happen, we're way less socially accepting of intolerance (still a problem, but on a scale...).

I mean, have you seen what white dudes riot over? fucking sports man.  If someone lights a match and there's even one collective moment where a group is upset over something it's on.

We trashed Vancouver when they lost the cup (everyone came back and cleaned up the next day, because even when we riot we riot politely) but it was a proper riot.

EDIT: to be fair, rioting over sports is more a male thing than a race thing, haha.  I don't think I'd ever want to go to a soccer game in South America....

Edited by daegor

friendly reminder that almost all of the rioting, violence, and destruction to happen so far this election has been from people who are anti-trump.

another reminder that the SCOTUS ruling allowing same sex marriage happened when scalia (super conservative) was still a justice of the court. justices should be chosen based on who will uphold the constitution and oaths of office, not chosen based on their political bias.

2 hours ago, Shitty Rambo said:

PS: Republicans hate Trump too, in fact one could argue Conservatives are more socially progressive than Liberals right now. They're not attacking Donald Trump's "manhood" with naked statues or shit talking a specific race or gender (like how Liberals fucking hate heterosexual white males).

We have a long established history of treating minorities and women awfully.  And a great amount of responsibility for why that treatment started to change was that the views reflected in our laws and by our leaders changed.  I believe in social constructionism and that progress can be created and also lost- it's not cumulative and set.  The views of our leaders affect the views of the people and vice versa.  If we want to keep marriage equality and push forward on social issues, we need to keep electing officials who share a platform that wants to keep moving things forward.  If you elect officials who want to unravel progress, progress will be unraveled.  It won't happen instantly but you can look at the Trump phenomenon to see how constant repetition and approval can create a drastic difference in a group's comfort and confidence in espousing really hateful and ignorant speech in public.

You don't know the racial makeup of posters in this thread.  I'm half-Mexican and half-Cuban and both my parents were born outside of the US.  Consider this one noted example of how a small misconception that is false can ever-so-slightly color your overall perspective.

The naked statue stuff is embarrassing.  It does more to harm women than it does to attack Trump in any meaningful way.  It's re-enforcing the idea that its OK to attack people based on their looks, whether that person is a great person or a polarizing person.  It's a really unhelpful form of 'activism' and gives groups a perfect distraction to zero in on to avoid discussing macro issues.

I forget my college 101 list of fallacies from logic/english class but using one example (naked Trump statue) to make a broad generalization ("Conservatives are more socially progressive than Liberals right now") is on that list.

37 minutes ago, rds said:

You don't know the racial makeup of posters in this thread.  I'm half-Mexican and half-Cuban and both my parents were born outside of the US.  Consider this one noted example of how a small misconception that is false can ever-so-slightly color your overall perspective.

The irony is that this is a spoof of a design that was originally "poor taste" yet I doubt anyone is saying anything to Danzig on some internet forum.

Even more ironic is that fact that this presidential candidate wanted the 2nd amendment guys to take care of Hillary.

Looks like you guys are too PC for your own good. I bleed blue, but I really don't understand political correctness. It's nothing more than the left wings version of censorship.