The Official 'Vinyl Me, Please' thread.

5 minutes ago, hammertime said:

What I really don't get about that guy is why he lists something for $200, then 3 hours later he changes it to $25...he's not even making money if he's selling it at that price...also so many of the things he lists are like "shrink removed, never played" or "shrink removed, played twice"...what's the point of opening it if you aren't even going to listen to it?  None of it makes any sense to me.

And he didn't have any notes about Anderson .Paak being a pre-order, so now is there some guy who paid $80 waiting 4 weeks or more for his record?

16 minutes ago, YouTwo said:

And he didn't have any notes about Anderson .Paak being a pre-order, so now is there some guy who paid $80 waiting 4 weeks or more for his record?

Indubitably. To be fair though, anyone paying that much for an obvious flip likely was spurned by missing the item earlier and/or knows details like that about that product.

Still hoping for a Flipping For Dummies by Halo.2 book someday. Would be utterly fascinating.

7 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

Indubitably. To be fair though, anyone paying that much for an obvious flip likely was spurned by missing the item earlier and/or knows details like that about that product.

Still hoping for a Flipping For Dummies by Halo.2 book someday. Would be utterly fascinating.

True, instead of waiting to see if more copies become available their first instinct is to get the first copy that shows up on Discogs.  

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

What I really don't get about that guy is why he lists something for $200, then 3 hours later he changes it to $25...he's not even making money if he's selling it at that price...also so many of the things he lists are like "shrink removed, never played" or "shrink removed, played twice"...what's the point of opening it if you aren't even going to listen to it?  None of it makes any sense to me.

He legitimately only collects records for attention/likes. He's the worst.

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

if anyone is selling a record for less than him, he automatically adjusts the price to undercut that person... within like 2 seconds.

dude has absolutely no life

5 hours ago, YouTwo said:

I think getting rid of Crate will also weed out the people who just use it to flip the exclusives that sell out quickly (like our old buddy Halo 2, who also has quite the reputation on the VMP message boards as well.   He had Venice up for $80 the same day it sold out)

Man I hate that little prick. I really wanted that Paak...

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Codyoster said:

I cancelled my crate subscription last month but I got an email with a tracking number for a package from VMP. It said it arrived today I wonder what record I'll be getting for free..

I just received a shipment containing the Car Seat Headrest inner sleeve for the replacement A/B disc. Might be what's heading your way.