Blink-182 - California (Out Now!)

So far I've only seen positive feedback and that makes me so so happy. 

I, too, am holding out until next Friday. I have an exam that day and then I will celebrate with new blink. 

I will have to hold off posting on these forums to avoid people's reviews of songs and such. I need to formulate my own decisions first. 

Someone said Cynical was too short and already ruined that for me ha. 

2 hours ago, ejc625 said:

Really enjoying this so far. Couldn't get into their last couple releases at all.

Can someone post a link to the original artwork for California? Can't remember when it was posted in this thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/travisbarker/status/734931506137726976/photo/1

5 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

I will have to hold off posting on these forums to avoid people's reviews of songs and such. I need to formulate my own decisions first. 

Someone said Cynical was too short and already ruined that for me ha. 

So...you're entirely unable to form your own opinions about things if you've heard someone else's, or what?

6 hours ago, Snaggle Von Swift said:

Was also at the show last night in Bethlehem, Skiba makes this band 100x better. No corny immature stage banter between songs, Skiba actually sings real/full words live and Travis doesn't overplay the songs too much anymore. I was very entertained last night (with the exception of tall boy beer cans being thrown)

Completely agree,  they sounded very good last night especially Skiba and yes I had a few of those tall boys but I wasn't one of the assholes tossing them.  lol

49 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

So...you're entirely unable to form your own opinions about things if you've heard someone else's, or what?

Haha I realize it sounds crazy, but I don't want to hear what people have to say because I get a preconceived notion and I'll end up searching it out within the song. 

Like when "When I Was Young" came out, someone pointed out the bridge sounded broken at the part where Tom stops the guita. It's always stuck with me since then. I'd rather hear it on my own first so I'm not seeking out the "flaws" or comparisons people are drawing. Just a blank slate. Haven't read any reviews yet either until I get this in my ears.

35 minutes ago, [Banned User] said:

Haha I realize it sounds crazy, but I don't want to hear what people have to say because I get a preconceived notion and I'll end up searching it out within the song. 

That doesn't sound crazy at all.  That's a good point.  It's best to go into an album without anyone's review for exactly the reason you stated there.  I was thinking about this earlier: if we didn't know about the drama that was going on at the time of recording of Neighborhoods would some people be inclined to like it more?

About what I expected, a solid step sideways.

Blinks best album by far was the untitled album, they really came into a unique sound with that album. 

This album did exactly what Mark, Matt and Travis were going for, a punk rock fast album. 

The only way Blink would have ever made another great album would have been staying together.

Its a decent album and a solid summer album, but Toms creativity is missed, even if he is a tool.

11 hours ago, nyhi said:

Well hello mr. friday night buzzkill! 

I try not to take it too seriously or get hung up about it, it's just Blink 182.

Lol I didn't mean to be a downer. There's some songs I like, but I think it could have been whittled down a bit is all.  It's not about taking it serious or not.  Watch some of those clips from the Firefly festival. I just don't like how much they polish up Mark on an album when he can't do a lot of those vocals live.

45 minutes ago, MikePortly said:

Lol I didn't mean to be a downer. There's some songs I like, but I think it could have been whittled down a bit is all.  It's not about taking it serious or not.  Watch some of those clips from the Firefly festival. I just don't like how much they polish up Mark on an album when he can't do a lot of those vocals live.

would you prefer he sound like crap on the recordings as well?

45 minutes ago, MikePortly said:

would you prefer he sound like crap on the recordings as well?

1 hour ago, DafTyler said:

About what I expected, a solid step sideways.

Blinks best album by far was the untitled album, they really came into a unique sound with that album. 

This album did exactly what Mark, Matt and Travis were going for, a punk rock fast album. 

The only way Blink would have ever made another great album would have been staying together.

Its a decent album and a solid summer album, but Toms creativity is missed, even if he is a tool.

Untitled? Ha! 

I really like it. It's hard to classify it as a blink-182 album for me... really feel like it's the follow up +44 album with more blink influence. A lot more Skiba than I expected but I don't hate it. I'm also a sucker for John Feldmann. I love a ton of things that he has produced and I will be adding this to my list.

My friend said this and it couldn't be more true to me:

"It's like my parents got divorced and my mom re-married this other guy... but he's really fucking cool. He likes and plays a lot of the same music that I do but he's still not my dad. He's just the "cool new step-dad" that I might see more often now but I will never miss a chance to spend time with dad."

Edited by thedillon