PO NOW: Russian Circles - Guidance | SARGENT HOUSE

I want a single simply because I want to hear one of those live songs recorded.  Plus that teaser sounds RIDIC.  And I'm ready to destroy my earholes in my car.

I want to go hog wild with multiple copies but in light of the ITTCT repress news, I'll probably just be sticking with whatever tickles my fancy the most.

3 minutes ago, mrewest said:

I want a single simply because I want to hear one of those live songs recorded.  Plus that teaser sounds RIDIC.  And I'm ready to destroy my earholes in my car.

I want to go hog wild with multiple copies but in light of the ITTCT repress news, I'll probably just be sticking with whatever tickles my fancy the most.

Looks like you only have 2 colorways to choose from.  I know what I went with.

https://www.hellomerch.com/collections/russian-circles/products/guidance-12-vinyl

That was fast! Somebody's prayers were heard re: the PO haha.  But somebody forgot to ask why Station is $19.99 and Guidance is $22.99 for a single LP? They got us/ bend over.

On a positive note, that trailer is ringing YONL in my head, so if they're headed down that heavy doomish road, well count me stoked!

1 hour ago, mrewest said:

What new news do we have on ITTCT?

grabbed the brown with splatter. Second guessed $30 for a single lp for a second but...Russian Circles. 

5 hours ago, The Butcha said:

What new news do we have on ITTCT?

grabbed the brown with splatter. Second guessed $30 for a single lp for a second but...Russian Circles. 

Just the Sheath confirmed on their Thursday TNS that S/T & AtEBtS are getting repressed individually (not the deluxe).

Also, grabbed me a clear splatter.  May add a brown later but I'm good for now.  Unless the UK gets some crazy variant.

5 hours ago, The Butcha said:

Just south of $30 for me, but I'm right there with you.  The base price is not attractive in itself, but that $6.00+ Media Mail is what really stumps me.  If someone from a record label is reading this point and doesn't mind clarifying – why is it that it costs me $3.22 to ship an LP or a double LP here in the U.S., with cardboard inserts, and (recently-included) tracking... but many web outlets are charging me $5-7 for the same exact service?  It's lost on me.

I'm very quick to bitch about the average price of records and what they should cost in 2016, but they're getting harder and harder to keep reasonable.  At the end of the day you either pay to own it or you shut up and move on.  And unless I plan on picking this up secondhand somewhere down the road, it's probably not going to be sold for much cheaper elsewhere.

I know that any resemblance to a brown variant instantly gets pegged with fecal comparisons here at VC, but I still think the translucency and that burgundy splatter will match the cover way better than the clear-splatter.  Which won't look bad, I'm sure – I just personally have an abundance of that variant, and I'm a huge sucker for colorways that match the album's cover or packaging.  Either way, I'm stoked.

4 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Just south of $30 for me, but I'm right there with you.  The base price is not attractive in itself, but that $6.00+ Media Mail is what really stumps me.  If someone from a record label is reading this point and doesn't mind clarifying – why is it that it costs me $3.22 to ship an LP or a double LP here in the U.S., with cardboard inserts, and (recently-included) tracking... but many web outlets are charging me $5-7 for the same exact service?  It's lost on me.

I'm no pro, but my guess is that it has to do with using a third party shipping service like Hello Merch. They probably charge the label a certain dollar amount per package as a "handling fee" or something. 

Then you have two options: You can either add that charge directly to your shipping costs or into the price of the product. Now, it's kind of savvy to put it in your shipping costs because it remains unseen until almost the very end of the checkout process. Most people, once you've gone so far as to triple check your mailing address, likely don't back down at that point. However, they might if the initial cost of the item is $2-$3 higher. 

6 hours ago, mindovermatter said:

I'm no pro, but my guess is that it has to do with using a third party shipping service like Hello Merch. They probably charge the label a certain dollar amount per package as a "handling fee" or something. 

Then you have two options: You can either add that charge directly to your shipping costs or into the price of the product. Now, it's kind of savvy to put it in your shipping costs because it remains unseen until almost the very end of the checkout process. Most people, once you've gone so far as to triple check your mailing address, likely don't back down at that point. However, they might if the initial cost of the item is $2-$3 higher. 

That's part of the reason why I'm not found of those shipping services.  I get why the labels use them intead of having their infrastructure and not really having to deal with that end of things.  From my end, it always seems to be more expensive and the customer service never seems to be the same quality that I get from most labels.  Paying more for a worse service is lame.

1 minute ago, jonrawks said:

That's part of the reason why I'm not found of those shipping services.  I get why the labels use them intead of having their infrastructure and not really having to deal with that end of things.  From my end, it always seems to be more expensive and the customer service never seems to be the same quality that I get from most labels.  Paying more for a worse service is lame.

In Hello Merch's defense, their customer service has been top notch in the instances I've had to reach out to them.

2 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

They're not as bad as King Road's or Merch Table (who I think are the worst offenders).

Agreed. Hell Merch can be great or awful; much better about the time they switched to the corner sparing mailers, but they still can get bent as heck.

When it's clearly a QC issue, not mail damage, they have been responsive for me. But who wants to deal with problems on 50% of the orders, even if they make it right?

headaches....