PO Now Run The Jewels 3

I'm kind of confused by the reactions. 

People put way to much emphasis on hype and anticipation and how something is supposed to sound. 

If you liked the first two albums you will like this one approximately the same amount. I really liked the first two and I really like this one. Three albums (plus both of their pre RTJ output) is not a fluke. 

Anyone expecting this album to be "better" than the first two is on some hocus pocus shit because the ceiling has already been set so high. 

On the other side the album of the millennium hyperbole only perpetuates the expectations. If this is album of the... where do the first two fit in. Co-co-albums-of-eternity. 

The twilight zone sample is dope. 

Edited by Tidal Wave

I came to jump in and say I've really been enjoying this album.  I might like it more than the first two, I don't know.

I'm not a huge hip-hop / rap fan, but RTJ are one of a couple artists I enjoy.  There was a shift in the presentation of their lyrics and bravado (for lack of a better term) on this album, and I think I like this new perspective a little more.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, natenomm said:

Got my copy with the gold chain in today. I was surprised at how heavy the chain was. I was expecting some shitty plastic Mardi Gras sorta thing, so I was pleasantly surprised. 

I thought the same thing that it would be plastic, so glad I got one after all. 

I love when I buy a record I've been waiting to listen to then the needle drops and it sounds like a crackling fire. Looks like I'm gonna have to give it a clean first although I don't have high hopes it'll fix it the constant crackling but who knows. 

Edit: cleaned, still crackles, there's a spot that sounds like there's a scratch because it plays with every rotation but I can't see anything. Can someone stop playing with their chain and listen to the record and let us know the quality? I'm gonna hook up my other turntable and see how it sounds on that a little later. 

Edited by pizza face

19 hours ago, pizza face said:

I love when I buy a record I've been waiting to listen to then the needle drops and it sounds like a crackling fire. Looks like I'm gonna have to give it a clean first although I don't have high hopes it'll fix it the constant crackling but who knows. 

Edit: cleaned, still crackles, there's a spot that sounds like there's a scratch because it plays with every rotation but I can't see anything. Can someone stop playing with their chain and listen to the record and let us know the quality? I'm gonna hook up my other turntable and see how it sounds on that a little later. 

None on mine; and no, I will not stop playing with the chain. 

Edited by texan4life