PO Now: Whirr - Feels Like You (out on oct 31)

4 hours ago, ethereal said:

Did they buy out the master from RFC?

part of me still prefers the first pressing with etched b-side, adding $12 for a slip cover is wild lol at least sign it 

Slip cover and poster FWIW. All editions have the 20 page booklet. Interestingly all normal versions have an “Obi Strip” that the deluxe ones don’t. I grabbed a blue splatter.

3 hours ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

Will these have that CD or DVD that the RFC version had?

No DVD but someone put it online. I’ve downloaded and archived it on my servers.

On 4/5/2024 at 8:21 AM, MCDELTAT said:

Slip cover and poster FWIW. All editions have the 20 page booklet. Interestingly all normal versions have an “Obi Strip” that the deluxe ones don’t. I grabbed a blue splatter.

No DVD but someone put it online. I’ve downloaded and archived it on my servers.

iirc most of the dvd’s are messed up from the way they were stuck inside the sleeve. I went through a couple copies before I could find one that would read properly. 
I’m glad someone uploaded it !

I've been listening to a lot of Whirr lately, and I've got a few thoughts.

1. I miss the good old days

2. In hindsight, they are the reason all of indie music shifted towards shoegaze. Ride and Slowdive reunion albums and countless new bands would not have happened without Whirr making shoegaze the indie zeitgeist of the last decade. 

3. They will never get credit for point 2 because they are 'Canceled' 

4. Despite point 3 they sold out of everything they have released post G.L.O.S.S.GATE, and they have ~850,000 monthly listeners on spotify. 

5. Point 4 should logically make no sense because of Point 3, but it kind of just makes me depressed as hell because it's proof that this band got railroaded by their labels and the music media over some straight up nonsense that got turned into a sociopolitical warzone and they were the only casualty. I hope they get the money and recognition they deserve at some point. Despite there being hundreds of new shoegaze bands, I never hear Whirr named as an influence but the sonic influence is in everything.

Also, I wanted to rank the albums/EPs and see what everyone thinks

1.Pipe Dreams

2. Distressor 

3.Feels like you

4.Nothing Split

5. Around

6. Sway

People will argue with you but won't be able to name a different band responsible for the nügaze movement.

Distressor > Around > Sway > FLY > Pipe Dreams

But Pipe Dreams Redux is probably above Feels Like You to me. All 3 splits and the Muta/Blue Sugar single would make an incredible comp.